Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Should I repair or not?

I’m prepping our van for sale (will be listed in here) as our new Hymer has arrived.

There are two items that haven’t bothered us but may bother a new owner.

The rear roller blind is stuck rolled out and won’t retract. Replacement fitted is £350. We have never really had it down as there is always stuff in the back.

The pop up roof has over the years collected some holes both sides where it has been trapped in the scissor arms. One side has a tear about 3cm and the plastic stiffener is damaged.

It goes up and down ok and we have an isotop so don’t even notice from inside and it’s never let in any moisture.

We can replace it at the same time as the blind. If we do both it’s almost £2k but that included the panoramic roof bellows as an upgrade.

Is it worth doing both of these before we sell it do you think, or would a prospective buyer knock off the cost or live with the way it is??

It’s provisionally booked in for the join on Friday week.

Would welcome some wise counsel!!
Were you at Breeze yesterday morning?

Yep I was sitting down next to you as you were enquiring about your blind. Nice to put a face to a name.

Aha. I did feel for Mark trying to find the right parts on the VW system!

Nice, Ayers Rock?
No Burstner Eliseo 540. We have a deposit on a Westfalia 540 Columbus which has slipped into next year, the Burstner was a cancelled order that we thought we’d buy and enjoy it for 9 months. Strangely it’s really grown on us despite not being on our shortlist. You won’t be disappointed, we‘re really enjoying it. We’ve made a couple of mods, solar and Gaslow which are worth considering.

I’m prepping our van for sale (will be listed in here) as our new Hymer has arrived.

The rear roller blind is stuck rolled out and won’t retract. Replacement fitted is £350. We have never really had it down as there is always stuff in the back.

The pop up roof has over the years collected some holes both sides where it has been trapped in the scissor arms. One side has a tear about 3cm and the plastic stiffener is damaged.

It goes up and down ok and we have an isotop so don’t even notice from inside and it’s never let in any moisture.

We can replace it at the same time as the blind. If we do both it’s almost £2k but that included the panoramic roof bellows as an upgrade.

Is it worth doing both of these before we sell it do you think, or would a prospective buyer knock off the cost or live with the way it is??

I was quoted £220 parts and fitting from my dealer for the rear blind. I just knocked it off the sale price

Either way the 2K is already spent or lost. If the overall van is in good to excellent condition then spend the money and stand on your price. Otherwise you are simply presenting the argument for a lowered price to every potential buyer.

Dark grey bellows with panoramic opening-£564.47 from LLLparts.

7E7875059KIU7

Would also like to know the labour rate from Breeze.
Did that include labor?

Very topical for me (see my recent posts)! I now have 4 small rips in my roof, and am seriously considering replacing it. Like you - I have the Isotop, which might have to be unstuck and stuck back on again if the roof canvas is replaced. I'll be interested to see the responses you get. How did you get the quote for the replacement canvas?

Very topical for me (see my recent posts)! I now have 4 small rips in my roof, and am seriously considering replacing it. Like you - I have the Isotop, which might have to be unstuck and stuck back on again if the roof canvas is replaced. I'll be interested to see the responses you get. How did you get the quote for the replacement canvas?
Isotop is secured by Velco on bottom edge. Top edges just unhook or velcro. Very easy to remove.

Back