Blinds and curtains

Topman

Topman

Vehicle
T5 Cali on order
Hi

After a bit of Cali Beach advice

At last got mine today , the whole family's really excited :bananadance

On checking what comes with it , I seem to have got a curtain for the front windscreen which seem s to fit ok = ok

2 shapes of material for the front side windows . No idea how these attach ?????

Blinds pull down for the rear side windows = ok

What happens to the rear window , am I missing something ????

Also where is the first aid kit and warning triangle ???

Thanks
Chris

SE owner replying - so yours might be different, but the two side window "bits of material" should be window shaped and just stick to the metal bits of the door with sewn in magnets.

Rear blind you pull up from the bottom and snap to the top of the window - it is like a roller blind in the back door.

No idea on the Triangle - mine was in the kitchen but that doesn't help you much.

T

We've only had our beach 3 weeks..........so still working things out.
The shaped blinds for the door windows have magnets sewn into the seams, so just afix to the metal on the door.
Without going outside (and getting wet ) the rear blind pulls up and attatches,as opposed to pulling down like the other blinds.When you pull it up it will become obvious where it attaches to!
Best of luck :thumb

Oh forgot about the triangle and first aid kit.
Ours is where the jack and tool roll are,open the tailgate,on the left as you look under the multiflex board (parcel shelf) there is a grey panel that you can move,Our triangle and first aid kit is there.
All of this applies to our Beach which is a new (ex demo) 63 plate, 2 seater bench. I'm guessing that they're all the same?

My first aid kit and triangle were stowed in the left hand cupboard on top of the waste water tank. Now both in seat drawer for easy access.

I never had any front curtains/blinds supplied with my Beach :(
Is this only on the latest vehicles...???

Don't think so mines a demo model , doesn't have 240v connection ,
So is a 2013 manufactured model

soulstyledevon said:

As far as I know, all are supplied with built in blinds for all windows, except for the driver, passenger & windscreen, which are supplied separately (but included with all Beach)

If yours are missing, I would contact the dealer.

soulstyledevon said:
Mine's a 2012 and blinds for the front and side windows were supplied in a bag in the rear seat drawer. They may have been removed by the dealer to save them been 'lifted' which I suspect has happened to the flexi light in many cases.

Andy

I got in touch with VW customer care who say its an optional extra...???
Seems a bit of a con :cry:

soulstyledevon said:
I got in touch with VW customer care who say its an optional extra...???
Seems a bit of a con :cry:

Doesn't seem right to me, what's the point in only having blinds only 2/3s of the way around the Cail. I can understand the debate around the light and the flyscreen but not the blinds.

Page 26 of the July 2013 brochure includes "pull down blinds in the passenger compartment and pop-up covers in the cab" as standard features.

Page 55 of the 2012 brochure "Integrated, pull-down blinds in passenger area. Pop-up covers in cab"

http://vwcaliforniaclub.com/downloads/calibrochure2013.pdf

Don't accept this nonsense. :headbang

Andy

Thanks that's some very interesting information. The link won't work for me, could you do a screen shot for me :thumb

There you go. Page 55, 2012 Brochure.

Right I'm off to collect my Cali and drive up the coast from Wellington........(first trip in NZ).

Andy

beach 2012 -2.jpg

Well after chasing this with my dealer Volkswagen van centre Worcester, now Droitwich. Turns out I should have been supplied with the front blinds for my van. However, because its took a year for me to realise this. They have said they wont supply any blinds, instead as a good will gesture they would pay half if I pay half.

Wait for it, £380 for the set :eek:

To say I am rather ticked off is an understatement...!!!
Paid £34k for this van. In the last ten years I have spent £56500 with this dealer group (Listers Volkswagen) plus servicing costs and repairs. Our Golf is due replacement and they wrote to us this week about buying another vehicle.

Ohh really :censor :headbang :?

Would nt be happy with that I,d would recommend a call to VW customer services

Theone101 said:
You didn't notice for a year, hmmmm

So your point is...???
Maybe I fancied a second set. Bellend...!!!

£380 for 3 bits of material and some magnets, the windscreen one does have a sqidgy edge!!!! Just buy the wrap around external ones!!

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

soulstyledevon said:
Theone101 said:

So your point is...???

Yes would be easy to miss these things, e.g. if you slept up top you might not even think of the windscreen blinds downstairs.

I've used mine once and decided to buy the thermal cover from Comfortz and stow it with the chairs in the tailgate. The other thing to overlook is the insect screen for the side window.

Andy

Goldie said:
soulstyledevon said:
Theone101 said:

So your point is...???

Yes would be easy to miss these things, e.g. if you slept up top you might not even think of the windscreen blinds. The other thing to overlook is the insect screen for the side window.

Andy

What...!!!
Yes didn't recieve one of those either. My dealer Worcester now Droitwich Volkswagen were obviously a very poor dealership to deal with.
I wonder what else was missed :sad

Download the checklist and you will see :thumb

Not sure you are meant to get the insect screens with the Beach. I had the SE checklist and insisted on it. Mine was taken from a Cali SE :p

Andy

Calikev said:
Download the checklist and you will see :thumb

lol, cheers Kev. But I'm probably best not looking :doh
You just expect a dealer to supply everything as it should be :headbang

Back