Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Bodywork Issues

T6 CFO

T6 CFO

Mike
Top Poster
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
Called in to see the guy who detailed my Cali today to discuss the issue with Cali roofs and what I could do about it.

To give some background I've recently taken the seal off and mine is OK, so far! There was some dirt under it and I'm glad I removed it to give it a clean.

I appreciate the arguments for looking or not looking and the dangers of doing something that can give VW an excuse not to honour the warranty. I am therefore seeking a middle ground and looking to protect the vulnerable area. As my Cali was given a coat of Gtechniq crystal serum and Gtechniq Exov3 from new we have decided that on its next check over in January next year we will remove the seal and treat that area which would not have been done originally as quite rightly no seals would have been removed.

NB: 7 year guarantee if I get it inspected annually so a no brainer.

Below is link to thread on my Cali and shows some pictures of the Cali after the detailing. I have to say despite its size, and as a result of the detailing the Cali is the easiest vehicle I have ever had to clean. It gets a gentle spraying over with a lance, a two bucket wash, rinse off and a dry with a Microfibre Towel. No polishing or waxing is required and it's back to how it looks in the pictures.

Guy who did mine is in Weston-Super-Mare and if anyone wants his details just message me.

https://vwcaliforniaclub.com/threads/phew-oops-b-r-hurray.13280/page-6

During my chat with him it was clear that we are far from the only people who get bodywork issues and the VW approach of pretending it doesn't exist is the norm. Without doubt our biggest weapon against them is sticking together as on your own you will struggle.

He recommended that I keep an eye out on this area:-

daa538002d5a8c62a11bf4675296c1ce.jpg

He currently has a client with a T5 who is fighting VW due to rust in this area. VW are claiming it is caused by sand on the door runners

Mike

Back