Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Bonnet release lever

T

Tomcali

VIP Member
Just went to open the engine bonnet, pulled the lever on the drivers side and the lever flew off.
There seems to be two parts to form the lever assembly and fortunately both do not appear to be damaged.
1. The lever
2. A small closing panel that has a circlip designed into it.

It looks like the lever slides onto the drive pin that has castellations to engage the lever when it rotates and then the circlip/closing panel slides into the back of the lever and onto the drive pin to retain the lever in position.

However, I can't get the lever grooves to align with the castellations on the drive pin.

has anybody else had a similar problem?
Thinking of taking it into a VW dealer.

Any advice gratefully received.
Tomcali

For Info

Took my Cali to VW commercial vans Manchester in Trafford Park.

They re-installed the lever for me FOC under warranty.
The difficulty I had was knowing the exact orientation position of the lever to avoid damaging the plastic splines on the lever as it engaged with the fixed metal drive pin. The splines are not symmetrical, they are offset to ensure correct alignment but is difficult to see, due to location.

I had a nosy at other vans whilst I waited and it was clear that the lever is at vertical when the bonnet is closed.

Tomcali

Sorry I didn't see this earlier, it's a real easy fix you could have done it yourself.

Glad it's sorted.