Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Help! under-seat drawer gets jammed shut!

H

hugnettelfield

Any good advice? The large drawer under the sliding seat is held closed by two catches, one on the left side and one on the right near to the release lever. The two catches are connected by a bar which rotates the two simultaneously ... or are supposed to! The problem I have is that the catch on the right side 'lags' behind its partner on the left, leading to the drawer not releasing to open. Tightening the star-head screw helps a little, but there doesn't seem to be anything there to locate the right hand side catch in relation to the rotating bar. I have temporarily (I hope) removed the pin on the left side to stop the catch holding the drawer shut but I would like to resolve the situation properly. Has anyone else had this problem?

Any good advice? The large drawer under the sliding seat is held closed by two catches, one on the left side and one on the right near to the release lever. The two catches are connected by a bar which rotates the two simultaneously ... or are supposed to! The problem I have is that the catch on the right side 'lags' behind its partner on the left, leading to the drawer not releasing to open. Tightening the star-head screw helps a little, but there doesn't seem to be anything there to locate the right hand side catch in relation to the rotating bar. I have temporarily (I hope) removed the pin on the left side to stop the catch holding the drawer shut but I would like to resolve the situation properly. Has anyone else had this problem?
Not sure which vehicle you have so a shot in the dark ( please update your vehicle details as my crystal ball is on the blink ), but according to the Parts Diagram for my vehicle, there is only 1 Locking Mechanism located on the same side as the handle. There is a bar across the drawer that acts as an Axle for 2 nylon wheels that run in the support runners. Yours might be different.

1E5FB541-4CFB-426D-91E9-0AA251E9765B.jpeg
C682DAB4-8214-4E9E-917B-27BF25F64428.jpeg

If you look at the picture, there doesn't seem to be spare parts for the locking mechanism of the drawer.
So unless there is something available as a spare part in number 12, it looks like a complete drawer to order.

Do you have any picture to show what you mean? Mine still works, so I haven't looked at it very closely. As long as everything works, it is fine with me.

Back