Boot (trunk) lid light

MattBW

MattBW

Here to help
Super Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 Beach
As a beach owner I have a slidepod at the back of the van. Now the VW standard light is in a good place to see whats on the parcel shelf but not so much when you have something outside the van or in my case the pod slid out.

At present I am using a motion sensing magnetic wardrobe light which I pop up there when I am using the pod, helps a great deal.

Anyone found any good solutions to this problem? I have a few rolls of the LED strips with remote so I could in theory wire that in somehow and put it in an appropriate place. Not sure if it would have anywhere to sit however.

I also learned a great trick from the Brean meet where using a magnet and bottle opener to keep the handle out of the way until you want it. Worth setting up too.

Would it be possible to retro fit the tailgate lights from the latest T6 or something similar?

I could see those being idea for people using a slidepod.

I must admit I've not seen those so don't know where abouts they are situated.

This is an area of my Beach I’d like to improve.
On my T4 I was happy to chop a hole in the tailgate trim to fit a standard interior lamp unit for when it was open. Not so keen to cut holes in my Cali just yet!

Same here.
I have used IKEA dioder lights in vans before.
Perhaps a feed could come off the existing rear light and turn on when they are switched on.

Back