Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Borbet Wheels Grand California

J

Jester

Top Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
Grand California 680
Looks like wheel manufacturers are starting to produce wheels that suit the GC now ie in size, width and offset and importantly axel load.
Would prefer these in bronze. Seems to be only available in Matt black at the moment.

Looks like wheel manufacturers are starting to produce wheels that suit the GC now ie in size, width and offset and importantly axel load.
Would prefer these in bronze. Seems to be only available in Matt black at the moment.

I know not a Grand but I have 7.5"x17" Borbets with 1320kgs load on my T6 (not swamper style). Offset is normal Transporter 55. Grand Offset 60?

Yep I am aware of the slight differential but this is as close as you’re going to get, and with this you will get no issues. As i currently run on Borbet CW3’s

If you buy from Rogue Alloys or JB Wheels be careful. They come from China and dont have any valid paperwork to warrant the quality. I've bought from these and its caused nothing but hassle to the point where I am having to change them. Make sure that you inform your insurance that you are buying after market wheels from China with no documentation or testing certificates.

I would suggest finding the wheel that you like and then ask the company for the testing certificate. There has ro be some form of quality testing that conforms to eu or uk standards like with any product. I asked Rogue for this and they couldn't provide. Rogue told me that all they do is re sell them from JB Wheels. I asked JB Wheels for the certificate and got nothing. In the end, I wasted about 700 pounds which were the price of the wheels as I could reuse the tyres.

I've now bought Borbet wheels which are made in the EU and have all the relevant testing documentation.

We pay alot of money for these vans. Putting nice looking cheap Chinese wheels on doesn't make sense. In the end t's the wheels and tyres that keep us and others safe on the road.

You just need to do your own research.

worth a read for a balanced opinion rather than a one sided vilification

I would suggest finding the wheel that you like and then ask the company for the testing certificate. There has ro be some form of quality testing that conforms to eu or uk standards like with any product. I asked Rogue for this and they couldn't provide. Rogue told me that all they do is re sell them from JB Wheels. I asked JB Wheels for the certificate and got nothing. In the end, I wasted about 700 pounds which were the price of the wheels as I could reuse the tyres.

I've now bought Borbet wheels which are made in the EU and have all the relevant testing documentation.

We pay alot of money for these vans. Putting nice looking cheap Chinese wheels on doesn't make sense. In the end t's the wheels and tyres that keep us and others safe on the road.

You just need to do your own research.
You bought wheels from us with JWL and VIa testing

You moved to Switzerland and now require tuv approval which those wheels don’t have, we sell those but you opted for our own brand

Back