Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Bosnia and Herzegovina advice

W

WooburnCalifornia

We are off at the beginning of September to Croatia via the scenic route. we would love to visit Sarajevo and have decided what looks like a nice route from Zagreb to Dubrovnik Through Bosnia. This will then allow me to come back north up the Adriatic highway

Has anybody ever taken there Cali there? has anybody any travel advice? Do I need IDP as I will be driving my own vehicle? I have looked a trip adviser and it seems well approved as long as you don't go of the beaten path as you might find land mines from the war :-0.

Any help and advise would be greatly appreciated and thanks in advance.

We went to Bosnia and Herzegovina in May in our Cali. Very easy country to travel in compared with places like Serbia (stray dogs), Bulgaria (police) or Romania (roads and police). NB. I would highly recommend these three latter countries despite all this.

B&H is beautiful, lots of rivers and lakes and few tourists apart from Mostar and Medjugorje. I got insurance on the border at 40 Euros for a week as I found getting it in the UK very expensive.

Do you need an IDP? My view of the IDP is that it's an expensive joke. A Romanian policeman once actually laughed at it when offered as ID. Heaven knows why motoring organisations still recommend it.

Sarajevo is good - and sobering when you visit the recent graveyards.

Overall a great country to visit but do bear in mind their recent brutal history to avoid upsetting people.

Back