Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Insurance for Serbia, Bosnia and maybe Ukraine?

Caravan and Motorhome Club. Not the cheapest.
Ahh! Of the top of my head, I think they quoted me around £1500 per year.That was including my 9+yrs of no claims. :( I love London but I hate the penalties for car insurance etc. It does make me cross that all the countries listed on the green card are part of the scheme and yet, different underwriters refuse some. Any idea why WelshGas? (you seem wise and knowledgeable hence I ask. I can't get an answer from the insurance companies themselves!!)

Ahh! Of the top of my head, I think they quoted me around £1500 per year.That was including my 9+yrs of no claims. :( I love London but I hate the penalties for car insurance etc. It does make me cross that all the countries listed on the green card are part of the scheme and yet, different underwriters refuse some. Any idea why WelshGas? (you seem wise and knowledgeable hence I ask. I can't get an answer from the insurance companies themselves!!)
Basically, in the end it is upto the Individual Insurance Company if they wish to cover the risk for certain countries.

We travelled through Slovenia / Serbia / Croatia / Montenegro / Albania / Macedonia and Kosovo last year - i didnt bother asking for a green card as i was expecting to buy insurance on the border as required - we did this at Montenegro Macedonia Kosovo and Albania - between £25 - 50 euros each time. But if we had a Green Card to flash the authorities would have let us through without buying the extra cover - apart from Albania i suspect. As WG has indicated, once you leave the EU (according to your insurers version of EU) your cover is third party only - its all part of the adventure, but take a green card it will save you a few bob.
I am insured with Safeguard and have just phoned them to find out they do not cover Montenegro, Albania, and Boznia - Herzegovina (sp?) They did not offer a green card option but perhaps I should have requested it? You mention in the post above that a "green card to flash" would have let you through the border but would it give any cover? I am prepared to settle for third party cover if necessary to visit these countries and you mention buying insurance at the border, could you expand on this a little please?

Tom

I am insured with Safeguard and have just phoned them to find out they do not cover Montenegro, Albania, and Boznia - Herzegovina (sp?) They did not offer a green card option but perhaps I should have requested it? You mention in the post above that a "green card to flash" would have let you through the border but would it give any cover? I am prepared to settle for third party cover if necessary to visit these countries and you mention buying insurance at the border, could you expand on this a little please?

Tom
Green card normally only gives minimum legal insurance cover for the Country being visited.

Tom
Hi Tom - you need to check with your insurers where their EU borders are. It seems some provider wider cover than others - I settled for third party only cover at the borders and paid around 40 / 50 euros a pop but we didnt get the value from 1 months cover - if your insurers cover you fine, but if not you need to pay to get the local cover otherwise - worth it i think to see these mad places

My 2017 Cali Ocean is fully covered for Serbia by Admiral insurance but not Albania or BH or North Macedonia. Very competitive price top.