Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Bottom Bed Mattress

Which mattress for downstairs bed

• Total voters
Sorry, just seen you’ve already shortlisted several!

My two cents; my first preference was a Calibed. But price & shipping made it a non-starter. I haven’t seen one come up for sale in the U.K. in 6 months.

I saved searches on eBay for Calibed & Brandrup (they seem pretty much equal).

As a placeholder I bought an Outdoor Revolution 120 as it was cheaper than the S2S and Campertime’s video rated it higher.

Conclusion, it was very comfortable (90kgs & side sleeper). Bit of a faff to roll up. But my mini USB pump sorted the deflation.

Since purchased Brandrup iXtend off a seller on here. It’s great. Comfy & quick to set up.

OR mattress now for sale if you want a placeholder while you deliberate.
@JuanVecino2023 - I’m driving my new Cali up from Exeter to Scotland tomorrow evening. Are you anywhere close to the M5v could be a fortuitous chance for me to pick this up!

Just pondering what type of downstairs mattress to source for new Cali. Any thoughts on most comfortable but practical downstairs mattress?

I’ve read lots of posts on here and watched many reviews of the StS, Outdoor Revolution, Brandrup iXtend, Calibed Prestige lll

The last 2 very expensive but how do they compare to the StS & Outdoor Revolution? Much different?

Anyone got experience having to deflate daily and folding to store in the back? Is it much of a faff or easy enough to manage?

California Time reviewed StS versus the OR and favoured the latter but I’m wondering how practical it is?
We bought the Outdoor Revolution and a little USB powered Pump. It stays in place (upper bed) and we just deflate with the little pump. I don't find this any faff at all. In fact we just let it self inflate and don't even use the pump.

Back