Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Brakes rubbing on new t6.

Monkeytree

Monkeytree

Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Hello.

I've got a 4 month old t6, 1000 miles on it and just noticed there is a smell coming from one side of the rear brakes when I stop. The disc is also a lot more scratched than the other side. I imagine the brake pad is constantly rubbing / seized or something. Has anyone else had this problem on a new van?

I'll call the dealer tomorrow but should I be pushing for new pads and discs on the rear once they have looked at the problem or will the old slightly scored discs be ok once they have worn down

Thanks

I would push for replacement parts as you need your brakes as balanced as possible.

You may have something stuck in between the pad and disc. Unusual for a caliper to stick on unless old and corroded but it does happen.

I had vw recovery out yesterday for my t6 with a funny burning smell from the back wheels, turns out it is something to do with the diesel filter exhaust system or something which clears itself out every so often when you stop and chucks the gas out the exhaust, which is near the back wheels. Therefore when you stop and get out the van you smell it from near the rear wheel on the drivers side in the uk. Had brakes checked and they were all ok. I think vw recovery may be getting a few calls about this one...

Are you running your parking heater???

I wouldn't expect your DPF to carry out a regeneration at 1000 miles unless something else is wrong.
I would contact a Vw dealership.

No parking heater on it I'm afraid. The guy who came out was from VW and seemed to know his stuff, he was aware it only had 1000 miles and didn't seem to think it was unusual to be doing whatever it was doing with the exhaust system. When I spoke to VW they just referred me to the recovery man. I think I'll keep an eye on it. He said another sign is the fan running heavily in the engine bay for a few minutes after you turn the engine off, which it was doing as well.

No parking heater on it I'm afraid. The guy who came out was from VW and seemed to know his stuff, he was aware it only had 1000 miles and didn't seem to think it was unusual to be doing whatever it was doing with the exhaust system. When I spoke to VW they just referred me to the recovery man. I think I'll keep an eye on it. He said another sign is the fan running heavily in the engine bay for a few minutes after you turn the engine off, which it was doing as well.
our T6 is same age and we have similar experience. I will ask dealer during first maintenance service , I was wondering why the fan kept turning after coming home sometimes, I couldn't link it to anything logical..

our T6 is same age and we have similar experience. I will ask dealer during first maintenance service , I was wondering why the fan kept turning after coming home sometimes, I couldn't link it to anything logical..
Surely its long life servicing so will be at 24 month intervals or if selected mileage is reached.
Fans tend to run after switch off on most diesels

The fan of our T6 cali does blow from time to time, the first time i heard it i thought the engine was going to explode so called the dealer about this : Nothing to worry - the automatic particulate filter regeneration causes this.After 8000 km it hardly blows anymore...

Back