Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Brakes

Gedi

Gedi

Just wondering how long the brake pads and also the disc's will last for
from new?

My van has only done 16,000 miles.

I work away from home on rotation, so they van only gets used every 2 weeks. The disc's can sometimes get a bit rusty and I am thinking this is the cause of juddery brakes until the disc's clear themselves again.

But was just wondering about the lifetime of the pads and discs.

Cheers Gedi

37000 miles on clock fronts originals (pads) rear changed at 35000 miles. (symptoms rubbing when backing out of drive)

PS, van used daily at will have rust on disc's over night if wet

How bad is the judder? Might be a warped disc, sometimes felt through the steering wheel.

Thanks for all the replys, I think I'm worrying about nothing. Must be just the rust build up causing the slight judder.

Cheers Gedi

I've had a brake judder for the last 2,000 miles. Especially noticeable at high speed braking.

I've had all the van underside checked over by SMG and nothing. BMVS had the wheels off two days ago (winter to summer changeover) and noticed nothing untoward. Brakes, discs etc all in good condition, very little wear, nothing whatsoever seen to make me alarmed, probable cause a slight warp.

Better now that I have my summers back on, it could be the winters need balancing, not surprising after two really hard incidents with rocks and potholes, enough to shred the tyres.

Back