Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Brandrup Porta Potti in MY18

mccp

mccp

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
This may be common knowledge, but in case it isn't...

The Brandrup Porta Potti kit that includes a tray for the cupboard under the sink requires you to move the shelf up 7 cm. In the instructions, Brandrup say to mark and drill holes for new shelf supports.

In my MY18 cupboard VW have already made extra holes to reposition the shelf. Maybe this is a T6 thing, rather than MY18, as the shelf supports are apparently different in the T5 (the T6 ones require oval holes).

IMG_0905.JPG

The photo shows the shelf in its new position. The lowest hole visible is where the shelf support was originally. I'd be interested to know what the other two holes are for.

If anyone does this, there is virtually no clearance when putting the shelf into the topmost position. You need to install all the supports, put the shelf into the cupboard with the right hand edge hard up into the angle between the drawer runner and the RH side of the cupboard and you can then get the LHS of the shelf up past the LH shelf supports - as long as you notice two small reliefs cut into the LHS of the shelf that will just clear the supports.

This may be common knowledge, but in case it isn't...

The Brandrup Porta Potti kit that includes a tray for the cupboard under the sink requires you to move the shelf up 7 cm. In the instructions, Brandrup say to mark and drill holes for new shelf supports.

In my MY18 cupboard VW have already made extra holes to reposition the shelf. Maybe this is a T6 thing, rather than MY18, as the shelf supports are apparently different in the T5 (the T6 ones require oval holes).

View attachment 28284

The photo shows the shelf in its new position. The lowest hole visible is where the shelf support was originally. I'd be interested to know what the other two holes are for.

If anyone does this, there is virtually no clearance when putting the shelf into the topmost position. You need to install all the supports, put the shelf into the cupboard with the right hand edge hard up into the angle between the drawer runner and the RH side of the cupboard and you can then get the LHS of the shelf up past the LH shelf supports - as long as you notice two small reliefs cut into the LHS of the shelf that will just clear the supports.
Same arrangement as yours in my MY17 T6 Ocean, I did not use the Brandrup base, a length of folded carpet worked for me.

Back