Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Porta Potti 335 or 145 ?

blakeley

blakeley

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 199 4Motion
The wife has convinced me to get a Porta Potti so we can do some wild camping, I am looking at the 335 or 145, I think the 335 fits under the sink? But I plan to keep it under the parcel shelf at the back as keeping it near the food is a bit yuk!

Also, do you all use the expensive toilet paper?

You can get proper ports potti toilet paper. I think it degrades quicker

We use the 335qube it fits on the floor with the bed down and nicely under parcel shelf. Also we never bother with the expensive toilet paper just use what we have at home.

Toilet paper???:shocked

When one is camping wild then one must resort to nature!

Trees have leaves don't they?

and if beach camping, then harvest correct size seaweed .... only brush the sand off before use... **

** Granny's useful camping tip no.56

Last edited:
335 fits under the sink if you raise the lower shelf. Instructions to do this come with the brandrup tray. You have to carefully drill the inner skin of the unit without drilling through to the outside skin...

Try the search function on the forum ...​
Here's one of many posts
http://vwcaliforniaclub.com/threads/cassette-loo.9497/#post-87864
We use the special toilet paper as we got a free pack when we bought the porta , do think it has it advantage , it wil compost probally better and wil make emptying the tank easyer my guess.

The wife has convinced me to get a Porta Potti so we can do some wild camping, I am looking at the 335 or 145, I think the 335 fits under the sink? But I plan to keep it under the parcel shelf at the back as keeping it near the food is a bit yuk!

Also, do you all use the expensive toilet paper?
Use ordinary, but thin, loo paper. Not the quilted, thick, type.

When you empty make sure you press the button as it will help stop the “sploshing”.

Don’t use bleach to clean it out as it will rot the rubber seals.

we put a Dunelm ottoman over ours and use it as a foot stool in the day.

A875A1E9-5E5A-4324-AF6E-2E670165BAF7.jpeg8DDE6C6D-432E-4F72-A795-221C3344513C.jpeg

When travelling it goes behind the driver’s seat held in place by a “rokstrap”. Sometimes under the parcel shelf. I wouldn’t want ours In the cupboard either as we value that space for food/kitchen storage.

Back