Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Brandrup Storage Units Fixing

M

mike&agnes

VIP Member
We want to purchase some of the Brandrup storage units (pockets that attach to walls etc) but are concerned about how they actually attach to the Cali: How secure & will they leave a mark if & when removed?
The catalogue refers to velcro fittings (hook & eye) but our real concern is then how is the velcro attached to the cali? Is it self adhesive and if so, how well does this work, espcially in hot weather and will it leave a sticky mess if ever it has to be removed? Or is there drilling involved or some hidden secret means of attachment that we have yet to discover?

Any advice most welcome.

Agnes & Mike
180 DSG, Natural Grey: Arrives in in 2 weeks. We can't wait

I have a few of these, sticky backed Velcro to the 'wall' surface, same on the bag and then they Velcro on.

Would leave a mess if removed but guess they would always stay in place. Can withstand high temps.

BerndRos said:
I have a few of these, sticky backed Velcro to the 'wall' surface, same on the bag and then they Velcro on.

Would leave a mess if removed but guess they would always stay in place. Can withstand high temps.

Thanks again for your advice.
I think we'll try a couple of units first before we rush out and order loads. A cautious approach might also avoid further damage to the already Cali battered bank balance. The Brandrup stuff does look great in the catalogue, but the price list is something else!

Mike & Agnes