Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Bristol dealer recommendations

C

Charlotterobin

VIP Member
Hello,
Please can anyone recommend a dealer in Bristol?
I need to have MOT, checks, service ,etc on my fabulous Beach...
I have looked into this in the forums but can't find an answer other than "go to South Hereford" which I am actually considering...

Hello,
I have looked into this in the forums but can't find an answer other than "go to South Hereford" which I am actually considering...
Heritage fo not have a good reputation for good reason. The Hereford and Poole dealers do seem to be well regarded. If you are out of warranty I think there are some good independents.

I use VeeW service in Bedminster. Went there based on recommendation and always been pleased with the work done. I have had mots, service, cambelt etc done by them.

Hello,
I live in Bristol but now go to Breeze Poole for my Beach to be serviced.

I Wouldn’t go there based on how bad their sales guys have been...

@Charlotterobin Can I ask who you used for your service in the end?

I called VeeW recently with a question about the 180 engine issues - that’s a whole different thread in its own right, but they gave me some very odd advice which didn’t fill me with confidence.

Contemplating making the journey to Poole or Hereford.

Thanks.

Hello,
We have been going to Breeze in Poole for a couple of years now and have been very happy with the work they have done. It is nice to see the same faces each time you go, this doesn't happen in some dealerships. We live in the centre of Bristol and it takes 2-2½ hours to get to Poole. Our last visit was for MOT, service, cam belt, etc so decided that it was necessary to get there for 8.00am to give them a chance of finishing it.
I found a camp site about 5 miles from Breeze where we met up with other Cali friends, dropped our Cali off and explored Dorset for a day. Breeze will drop you in the local area if you ask and pick you up at the end of the day. If you book it far enough in advance there may be a loan vehicle available.
Very nice camp site and will be using it again. https://vwcaliforniaclub.com/thread...partner-breeze-poole.30168/page-4#post-540646

South Hereford is also good and easily accessed from Bristol. Welsh Gas is more up to date on them than me.

Simon

Thanks [mention]Charlotterobin [/mention] ! Sounds like I need a trip to the seaside…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks [mention]Simon b [/mention] . We’re in north Bristol (Filton area), so Hereford is in theory closer and quicker to get to. I’ve got a few weeks to decide!

Sorry, last message should have been [mention]SimonB [/mention]

Sorry, last message should have been [mention]SimonB [/mention]

Not sure what the [mention]SimonB[mention] is for, but if you are trying to get a special message sent to an individual we have to put @MeltedGoldfish ,for example, and hopefully you will be alerted to this message.
Good luck with the choice of dealership. We bought our first Cali from South Hereford and were very happy with the after sales service.
Simon

Last edited:
We have been going to Breeze in Poole for a couple of years now and have been very happy with the work they have done. It is nice to see the same faces each time you go, this doesn't happen in some dealerships. We live in the centre of Bristol and it takes 2-2½ hours to get to Poole. Our last visit was for MOT, service, cam belt, etc so decided that it was necessary to get there for 8.00am to give them a chance of finishing it.
I found a camp site about 5 miles from Breeze where we met up with other Cali friends, dropped our Cali off and explored Dorset for a day. Breeze will drop you in the local area if you ask and pick you up at the end of the day. If you book it far enough in advance there may be a loan vehicle available.
Very nice camp site and will be using it again. https://vwcaliforniaclub.com/thread...partner-breeze-poole.30168/page-4#post-540646

South Hereford is also good and easily accessed from Bristol. Welsh Gas is more up to date on them than me.

Simon
Thanks [mention]Charlotterobin [/mention] ! Sounds like I need a trip to the seaside…

Booked into South Hereford 9th Nov + courtesy vehicle for MOT and Oil & Filters.:thumb

Simon
Thanks Simon, which campsite did you use please?

The mention [mention]SimonB [/mention] was just a thanks for your comment - I just tagged the wrong ‘Simon B’ in my first reply. I did use the + symbol to select your username, as I have again here, but it drops off on the post (unlike on your last post) - presumably that’s just feature of posting through the Tapatalk app rather than through the webpage.

Anyway…thanks, again. Will probably toss a coin between heading north or south!

Yep…definitely a Tapatalk feature as it’s just replaced my ‘at’ symbol with a + !

Very nice camp site and will be using it again. https://vwcaliforniaclub.com/thread...partner-breeze-poole.30168/page-4#post-540646 South Lytchett Manor which is about 10 minutes from Breeze. Lovely site very child and dog friendly. Good pubs locally for an evening meal and very easy route from the site to Breeze. If you click on the link above you will see a picture of the site.

Last edited:
Hi Guys just wondered what the current recommendations were for people living in Bristol regarding VW Dealer servicing / warranty work and also independents.
is it still go to Hereford or Poole?
many thanks in advance

Breeze at Poole was ideal for us when we lived in Bournemouth and is still highly regarded but a drive away from Bristol.

I have used Heritage in the past and had a good relationship with the service manager. He was very good when I had the engine replaced due to the oil consumption issue, but he has now left the company and the rest of the staff are not as proactive.

As my Cali was well out of warranty I went to Vee W Services in York Road for MOT and basic servicing. Was very happy with them and cheaper than Heritage to boot.

Alan

Thanks Alan, needs to be VW place ideally, at least for next two years

I wouldn't touch Breeze with someone else's barge pole...VeeW lovely people

We had ours serviced at Heritage last Nov and its booked in again this Nov as we have service contract. To be honest they seem to be fine. Becky on the service desk is excellent.

Back