Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Midlands area recommended dealer?

PhilR

PhilR

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 204 4 motion
Hopefully picking up our new Ocean next month from Europeans Crawley. As I'm quite a fussy so and so, I'm bound to find something not quite right, but I obviously don't want to have to traipse back down the dreaded M25 again. I really need to find a good dealer more local to me (Tamworth, Staffs). I'm happy to travel reasonable distances. Most important thing for me is customer service and looking after my Cali - as I said I'm fussy, especially when it comes to paintwork, bodywork, marks etc. Birmingham is my closest but I've been there once to view some vans and the parking is enough to bring me out in a sweat! It's super cramped.
Any recommendations for a good dealer within an hour or so drive would be much appreciated, thanks.

Liverpool? Leicester? You’ll find the parking similar though! We collected our van from Liverpool, and they certainly knows their Cali’s. Hired one from Leicester - smaller van centre, not sure about servicing. We’ve a similar dilemma, Liverpool is quite a drive. I’ve been up to Sheffield to get a minor fault fixed - they seemed okay to me, and the tech I met knew about Cali’s, although there have been a couple of negative posts made. As it’s not a trip that we will often make (I hope), we will probably use Liverpool, and make a day of it - not so far from a railway station on the line going into the city.

Listers Droitwich.
They have a dedicated California guy who sells them and they know their stuff.
Used a few times and they are ok.
Just don’t look at the parking, it’s tight and vans everywhere !

Hopefully picking up our new Ocean next month from Europeans Crawley. As I'm quite a fussy so and so, I'm bound to find something not quite right, but I obviously don't want to have to traipse back down the dreaded M25 again. I really need to find a good dealer more local to me (Tamworth, Staffs). I'm happy to travel reasonable distances. Most important thing for me is customer service and looking after my Cali - as I said I'm fussy, especially when it comes to paintwork, bodywork, marks etc. Birmingham is my closest but I've been there once to view some vans and the parking is enough to bring me out in a sweat! It's super cramped.
Any recommendations for a good dealer within an hour or so drive would be much appreciated, thanks.
Just a heads up, parking at Liverpool is a nightmare, the car park is always absolutely chockablock.

Also in South Staffordshire.

I have used Birmingham Van Centre for the last 4 years. Absolutely no issues. I have found them to be knowledgeable, reliable and provide a good service with my Cali Ocean.

Like Liverpool they are part of the Swansway Group.

When the Cali is required to be serviced for full day, then I catch train and return.

I did use their courtesy vehicle only the once, which was a very basic white van. Never used again.

Hi,

I have tried Birmingham and Bilston (near Wolverhampton). Bilston were rubbish and know nothing about Cali’s, Birmingham are more knowledgeable and worth visiting, parking aside.

Matt

Also in South Staffordshire.

I have used Birmingham Van Centre for the last 4 years. Absolutely no issues. I have found them to be knowledgeable, reliable and provide a good service with my Cali Ocean.

Like Liverpool they are part of the Swansway Group.

When the Cali is required to be serviced for full day, then I catch train and return.

I did use their courtesy vehicle only the once, which was a very basic white van. Never used again.
Thanks Alan, that’s good to hear. They are super convenient for me as I work on the railway so get free train travel too, and it’s only less than 20 minutes by train from Birmingham to my home :thumb
I just got put off by the horrendous parking when I went there to view some vans a while back, plus they weren’t interested when I contacted them as a buyer - no discount at all. But they’re looking good so far on here. Thanks again.

Hi,

I have tried Birmingham and Bilston (near Wolverhampton). Bilston were rubbish and know nothing about Cali’s, Birmingham are more knowledgeable and worth visiting, parking aside.

Matt
Thanks too Matt. I’ll just make sure I check for dings when I park there!

Thanks Alan, that’s good to hear. They are super convenient for me as I work on the railway so get free train travel too, and it’s only less than 20 minutes by train from Birmingham to my home :thumb
I just got put off by the horrendous parking when I went there to view some vans a while back, plus they weren’t interested when I contacted them as a buyer - no discount at all. But they’re looking good so far on here. Thanks again.
Yes, parking has always been an issue at Birmingham. But it was easier the last time. They had rearranged things. If you are stuck, call in to the office or call them and someone will come out and park for you. Is certainly easier with a rear-view camera. I'm assuming this is now standard fitment.

We’re in Tamworth too. We bought our from Daren Gibb at Swanways. Super nice guy, great service.

Approach it from the ring road going north not from Aston going south. Much quicker.

Back