Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Broken bed gas strutt

Rusty Mac

Rusty Mac

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Hi

The left hand gas strutt has come away from the upper bed frame. The strutt appears to have been fixed to the frame by a threaded bolt....the nut has become detached and when moving the bed up/down the strutt can detach.
Local VW dealer has quoted £850 to replace it, £350 for part rest labour. They claim it has been broken and not covered under warranty!
Has anyone else experienced this problem?
How do you fix it?

Thanks
Rusty

Seriously ask how is this my fault that a factory fitted bolt / nut become separated, then Ask why I have to pay £850 to fix it ? What nut do you know costs £850 pounds? Only the nut that pays for the problem to be fixed !
There is no way the dealer can claim that you have not used the bed as intended, an£ that the problem is of your making. You decide which nut needs to pay the Money?

Seriously ask how is this my fault that a factory fitted bolt / nut become separated, then Ask why I have to pay £850 to fix it ? What nut do you know costs £850 pounds? Only the nut that pays for the problem to be fixed !
There is no way the dealer can claim that you have not used the bed as intended, an£ that the problem is of your making. You decide which nut needs to pay the Money?
I am hoping that others have had the same issue and establish how it was resolved. I am going to discuss the issue with the service manager.....I agree that how can it be a user issue when a nut has come lose.

Back