Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Broken control panel button

R

ross merrick

Hello this is a great forum, Sorry if this has been mentioned before but today I went to use the control panel to bring the roof down and the rotating knob just spins round and does not engage meaning I cant operate the roof or fridge. We are in the middle of a tour of Wales and it looks like we will have a detour to a dealer, will they be able to fix this? :headbang

Is your van still in warranty :?:

At a guess they will order you a new control panel. VW do not seem to replace small parts, rather the whole unit.
Hope you are still under warranty ??

If your van is out of warranty you could buy a new knob from the accessory
Shop and repair it yourself if it has broken completely you can remove it and turn it with a screwdriver as a temporary measure

The button/knob will have broken the splined sleeve that goes onto the internal rotary switch. This is a known issue and is usual cause by blunt force trauma when getting down from the bed . VW don't sell the button on its own and it requires the unit to be removed and disassembled to fit it anyway , so a new unit is what VW usually say. Someone on ebay repairs them but that does not help you on your. I would attack it with epoxy putty B&Q /poundland etc. but you need to know what you are doing . There is a instruction guide on here somewhere I think showing how to take the controller to pieces. But if you Cali is in warranty it's a dealer trip first.

Back