Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Control panel button faulty

B

Brianandjoy

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
The control panel button has started playing up,it turns but seems to slip and not engage properly so you have to keep turning it back and forth to get it to change display.It means once we hopefully get the roof down we dare not put it up again.What is the cure please,is it a vastly expensive new control panel.Is Breeze Poole the best place to get it fixed,Carrs van centre has recently changed hands where we usually go.We live near Taunton

The control panel button has started playing up,it turns but seems to slip and not engage properly so you have to keep turning it back and forth to get it to change display.It means once we hopefully get the roof down we dare not put it up again.What is the cure please,is it a vastly expensive new control panel.Is Breeze Poole the best place to get it fixed,Carrs van centre has recently changed hands where we usually go.We live near Taunton
Many owners have done a DIY repair, replacing the button, which can be bought from the Forum Shop . Instructions in Resources section.

Thanks where is the resources section please

I found resources but can’t find the instructions

It’s worth double checking that it’s a mechanical problem with the knob “jumping teeth” and not an issue with the electronic switch (mine used to “skip”).

I think the resources section is member only access.

Are you pretty handy when it comes to DIY. If yes then this it is a pretty easy fix when you get the knob.
If no then leave it to the dealer but it is going to cost you at least a couple of hundred quid to get it fixed.
I did it myself in about an hour.

There are videos on YouTube that will take you through the process.

Thanks I’ve found the videos on how to replace the knob,but there are none in stock in the forum shop and none available in Germany apparently so Will I now have to have the whole unit replaced for £1150 when I could have bought the knob for £50.Apparently the new units are in very short supply too.What to do?We can carry on with the roof down but it seems a poor thing for such an expensive vehicle to not be able to risk putting the roof up in case you can’t get it down

You could remove the knob and operate with a screwdriver according to the instructions in the resources section. Other members have used substitutes for the knob.

theres a panel for sale on ebay. current bid £350. could be worth snapping up ? better than 1150. easy to swap. prize it out with trim tools and swap over the plugs. clip it back in. you could then fix yours later when a button becomes available and sell it on

Last edited:
You could remove the knob and operate with a screwdriver according to the instructions in the resources section. Other members have used substitutes for the knob.
I can’t seem to get into the resources section,can anyone put up the instructions for operating it with a screwdriver
thanks

I can’t seem to get into the resources section,can anyone put up the instructions for operating it with a screwdriver
thanks
The Resources section is a perk of VIP membership I’m afraid.

Back