Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Broken cupboard door latch

calibeach76

calibeach76

Vehicle
T6.1 Coast 150
The left hand retaining plastic clip has broken off inside my cupboard (assisted by an over zealous 5 year old). Is this what I need to order from the shop?

Screenshot_20220727-121308_Samsung Internet.jpg

cupboard exploded.png
Can you zoom in? I think its part 10 on here, which VW fitted for me for £12.

Mine broke 4 times and has been replaced - under warranty - 3 times. I've given up and am now using strips of stick-on velcro.

I guess I could get the catch replaced again but it's annoying to turn around and see the door flying open because I just went over a bump and something in the cupboard shifted.

under warranty - 3 times.
Alan Day wouldn’t replace mine under warranty… said there was no fault I must’ve broken it…I did say it could be a bad design but….

Alan Day wouldn’t replace mine under warranty… said there was no fault I must’ve broken it…I did say it could be a bad design but….
Breeze in Southampton were very accomodating

Mine broke as well and I don't even know when or how it happened. It certainly wasn't from being forced. The door doesn't shift on its own so there is no pressing need to repair it, although my dealer said he will replace it under warranty the next time I'm in for service.

Mine broke as well and I don't even know when or how it happened. It certainly wasn't from being forced. The door doesn't shift on its own so there is no pressing need to repair it, although my dealer said he will replace it under warranty the next time I'm in for service.
It such a common failure that it has to be a poor design rather than user error. Dealers are aware of this and should replace under warranty without quibbling.
The VW Master Tech I spoke to said that until fairly recently it required a replacement door rather than just the catch!

It such a common failure that it has to be a poor design rather than user error. Dealers are aware of this and should replace under warranty without quibbling.
The VW Master Tech I spoke to said that until fairly recently it required a replacement door rather than just the catch!
Yes, poor design, it needs better reinforcement, or perhaps being made from metal, as it connects to plastics so shouldn’t rattle.
‘Master Tech’ needs to go back to VW school and stop making it up as s/he goes along…unless perhaps their answer was correct for a T6

Yes, poor design, it needs better reinforcement, or perhaps being made from metal, as it connects to plastics so shouldn’t rattle.
‘Master Tech’ needs to go back to VW school and stop making it up as s/he goes along…unless perhaps their answer was correct for a T6
Master Tech’ needs to go back to VW school and stop making it up as s/he goes along…unless perhaps their answer was correct for a T6

Can’t say? What I do know though is that VW (and other manufacturers) have had a habit (maybe policy) of replacement rather than repair. This was certainly the case with my bench seat in Nov 2020 !