Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Broken cupboard door under the kitchen sink

U

ulrikmailand

Hi

One of my friends accidently fell into the cupboard door under the kitchen sink. The result is that the door "fell out" of the rails it is attached to in the top.

Anyone got an idea if you can get spare parts, need to change the whole door or how big a job it will be. Problem is as far as I can see that to small plastic pieces in the rail got broken.

Do a Google search for 'partsbase.org' goto the relevant age Campmob. (Typ2/Transp./LT) and look in the Accessories and Infotainment section. You will find an exploded drawing of the kitchen units and all the part numbers.

Local vw dealer in copenhagen denmark. About 30 pounds (plastic more expensive than gold)

Ulrik

Local vw dealer in copenhagen denmark. About 30 pounds (plastic more expensive than gold)
Ha ha don't break one of the hinges on the glass cooker lid, £46:eek:

I've got a broken hinge on my rhs cupboard....

a bit of tlc fixes it, just needs it every trip. I'm prepared to fix with tlc my humungously screwed up cali as long as it keeps delivering in spades what I need... gets me there in comfort, allows me to sleep in comfort, gets me where nothing like it would get me there and always leaves me with a smile on my face.

Is that on the glass Jen? On ours, I was worried the lack of support from the hinge would cause the glass lid to break and I believe this costs about £400 :eek:

No, but read Judith's account of a fridge lid exploding.

Sorry, I've just driven Albert for 254 miles and got a smile on my face again...

sorry ..:(

Hi

One of my friends accidently fell into the cupboard door under the kitchen sink. The result is that the door "fell out" of the rails it is attached to in the top.

Anyone got an idea if you can get spare parts, need to change the whole door or how big a job it will be. Problem is as far as I can see that to small plastic pieces in the rail got broken.
I would like to explore this thread further please - also 2008 T5 cupboard under sink door knocked off rail by careless tyre technician that threw a loose tyre into the van. I cannot see how to re-attach it to the rail and assume the runners are broken, but cannot get into partsbase - it goes to malware sites

Try this location for parts information, it looks a bit dubious but I have been using it for years without any problem...

navigate to https://ifinterface.com/

Then...

Click 'safezone'
Click 'Free services' (top line, a bit indistinct)
Click 'CarProg2' -- References to signing in are not relevant.
Click 'CAMP' (Campmob. (Typ2/Trans./LT))
Double click your model year (2008 I think in your case)
Click 'Extras' -- Camper specific interior fitments are in this section NOT the Body section

Search to your heart's content.

There is a limit of time and searches that you can do without re-starting the process otherwise all that service is free.

The best of this site is that it is usually 100% up to date for new vehicle descriptions and will give you a German Euro price of many items if you select the item and double click on it.

Wow awesome site thank you! Anyone seen a video on how to replace the sliders? If not I guess I better step up

Wow awesome site thank you! Anyone seen a video on how to replace the sliders? If not I guess I better step up
I got the sliders out to fit some felt tape on them to stop them rattling. Didn't take a video or picture because I didn't have a spare hand when I was halfway in the cupboard to look at how to loosen the hinges.
Just take out your cupboard divider (shelf) and put your head in the cupboard. Slide the door as close as you can, look with a flashlight to the top hinges: you will see some very small hexagon screws. Unscrew them and you can get the hinges out. Not easy when you are about 2 meters and your arms don't bend halfway between the elbow and the wrist.

I got the sliders out to fit some felt tape on them to stop them rattling. Didn't take a video or picture because I didn't have a spare hand when I was halfway in the cupboard to look at how to loosen the hinges.
Just take out your cupboard divider (shelf) and put your head in the cupboard. Slide the door as close as you can, look with a flashlight to the top hinges: you will see some very small hexagon screws. Unscrew them and you can get the hinges out. Not easy when you are about 2 meters and your arms don't bend halfway between the elbow and the wrist.
Thanks for this. It may seem like a silly question but where do the hinges attach to. When trying to repair the door I noticed the left door slides in a U-channel, but there does not seem to be a channel for the right hand door, only a small ridge on the inside of the u-channel. Initially I thought both doors run in the same u-channel but then figured the doors will not be able to close as the hinges will not pass each other.

Both doors slide over each other, so the channel is not the same. I think the other hinges just rotate out? Don't know anymore.
As said before, try to put your head in the cupboard and look with a flashlight. They put the doors in somehow in the factory, and those working there are no rocket scientists, so I guess we all will be able to get them out? Let us know.

My right hand side cupboard door has come off the rail at the top too - don't know how it happened - and popping it back in again seems impossible without breaking something.

So thought I would bump this thread and ask if anyone is able to provide some clear instructions on how to remount it? Thanks!

My right hand side cupboard door has come off the rail at the top too - don't know how it happened - and popping it back in again seems impossible without breaking something.

So thought I would bump this thread and ask if anyone is able to provide some clear instructions on how to remount it? Thanks!
Hi Kristy…did you get yours fixed? I’ve found mine has come out too and no idea how it happened.

You will need to unscrew the roller first, remount it in the rails and then re-attach the roller to the door. Hope this helps.