Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Under Sink Cupboard Door Handle

sensisuperstar

sensisuperstar

Wibble
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
Our RHS handle falls out every time we open the cabinet sliding door, so has anybody an idea if the handles to the under sink cupboard are a warranty item or where a replacement can be bought?

7B07C13E-AA0D-4F74-B784-629C0AE32AF3.jpeg

I'd have thought just about everything was covered by warranty. Unless it's broken by misuse.

Warranty but just pop in, sure it is clipped in right
Looked to see if there is a retaining clip, but I cannot see one. The handle moves in the cut out with the gentlest of touches and when sliding the door it just pops straight out so the door doesn’t fully slide to the right. The LHS seems okay though.

I'd have thought just about everything was covered by warranty. Unless it's broken by misuse.
Yes, but as this van is used I have no way of knowing if it’s misuse, which is what VW are likely to claim.

The van centre I bought it from should really repair it, but I think there is more chance of me scoring the winning goal in the World Cup final.

Yes, but as this van is used I have no way of knowing if it’s misuse, which is what VW are likely to claim.

The van centre I bought it from should really repair it, but I think there is more chance of me scoring the winning goal in the World Cup final.
Superglue.

Looked to see if there is a retaining clip, but I cannot see one. The handle moves in the cut out with the gentlest of touches and when sliding the door it just pops straight out so the door doesn’t fully slide to the right. The LHS seems okay though.

On our 2012 T5 we had one that came out now and again, if yours keeps coming out the retaining "clip/part" could have broken and will be replace by warranty without to much issue - any van centre will do it if the dealer you got it from is not close to your location. But I bet they will have to order the part in.

On our 2012 T5 we had one that came out now and again, if yours keeps coming out the retaining "clip/part" could have broken and will be replace by warranty without to much issue - any van centre will do it if the dealer you got it from is not close to your location. But I bet they will have to order the part in.
The local VW dealer is going to have a look with a view to replacing under warranty, it’s in next week for a leaking window so two birds, one stone.

The local VW dealer is going to have a look with a view to replacing under warranty, it’s in next week for a leaking window so two birds, one stone.
If all else fails and you want a replacement insert and clips VW part no is -
7H7068027 as shown in this diagram - item 13
upload_2018-4-6_19-6-33.png

I never did figure out what was wrong with the clip in door handle, it didn’t appear to have any noticeable damage. In the end as I had the van in for another warranty repair, I mentioned the handle to the technician and he replaced it under warranty :thumb

I think I us d a bit of double sided tap on mine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back