Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Broken hinge on cooker glass top

ejmoore

ejmoore

2016 California Ocean 2.0 TDI
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
I have managed to break or at least displace one of the hinges on the glass top over the cooker/sink. I see from some posts of April 2015 that a replacement VW hinge costs £46 (!) but PMRM suggests using a similar hinge Sepa Thin, possibly available from Hafele. However, I have not been able to find anything similar.

Does anyone know where a replacement hinge might be obtained, ideally one that I can afford? Thanks.

Incidentally, how I broke it was trying out a tray cover for the sink, and trying to see if the lid would shut down over it - be careful!

Thanks Welsh, you are always a helpful source of info! £60 is horrific, so thanks for the further link, which I will pursue.
I assume it's gold plated for that money!
Let us know if you find a cheaper source.

I haven't found a cheaper source yet - I followed the broken-fridge-hinge link from last year, and contacted Perceptive Fittings, but they have sold all their stock to Everything VW California, who no longer have any.
Still trying.

I believe the shop only sell the vw ones

Yes, that's the case at the moment at least - here was David's answer to my email query:

Unfortunately, for now, the only ones we can secure at a trade price is the original VW ones. If this changes down the line we'll update the shop :0)

I have now emailed Wolfgang at camping-schuh.de who was very helpful in supplying replacement bolts for the camping chairs a few years ago, to see if he has any.

Fair enough - I was thinking nuts & bolts + hinges as general replacement bits, rather than nuts & bolts specifically as part of camping chairs. Maybe I'll ask Ulli, who makes other bits like the Cali-Cap Mütze. Really all I am looking for is a German-speaking trader who can order some hinges from firms that only supply to trade customers. I'm sure they could make some money on it if replacement hinges are often required.

I just found an old receipt from the club shop, I purchased 2 for 22.99 each and these were chrome, not brass.

Maybe those were part of the stock they bought from Perceptive Fittings, which they now seem to have run out of. £30 would be a lot better than £60, that's for sure.

Maybe those were part of the stock they bought from Perceptive Fittings, which they now seem to have run out of. £30 would be a lot better than £60, that's for sure.
Can you find the hinge on here.
https://www.hafele.co.uk/en/
There is a stockist locator, also the Forum Shop could ?? Sign up as a Trader, if you can find it?

I spent what seemed like several hours yesterday going through their website but couldn't find the hinges; I emailed them just in case but they have now confirmed that they don't stock them.

Equivalent hinges are available from various websites (German, Czech, Austrian, Spanish) for traders only and/or by the hundred, so if the Forum Shop was inclined, it could order some as a trader. But would they wish to do so if they could sell the VW version instead?

Any traders out there keen to tap into the burgeoning replacement glass-top hinge market?

I spent what seemed like several hours yesterday going through their website but couldn't find the hinges; I emailed them just in case but they have now confirmed that they don't stock them.

Equivalent hinges are available from various websites (German, Czech, Austrian, Spanish) for traders only and/or by the hundred, so if the Forum Shop was inclined, it could order some as a trader. But would they wish to do so if they could sell the VW version instead?
You can but ask. They could sell both, especially if one type is brass not chrome as some might prefer the OEM version to match.

I spoke to Perceptive Fittings today, as mentioned above they sold out their entire stock to the shop on this forum.
He looked back at this records and these were going for £16.00 a pair when dealing direct with the public.
Just wondering how the shop came to the £59.99 per hinge price tag?
As others have suggested, are there any german speaking individuals out there who could ask about sourcing from Sepa in Germany in smaller batches than 100?

https://webshop.schachermayer.com/c...ier-hoehe-39-mm-messing-vern-matt/103313618#/

I spoke to Perceptive Fittings today, as mentioned above they sold out their entire stock to the shop on this forum.
He looked back at this records and these were going for £16.00 a pair when dealing direct with the public.
Just wondering how the shop came to the £59.99 per hinge price tag?
As others have suggested, are there any german speaking individuals out there who could ask about sourcing from Sepa in Germany in smaller batches than 100?

https://webshop.schachermayer.com/c...ier-hoehe-39-mm-messing-vern-matt/103313618#/
Try buying one from vw