Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Broken hinge on cooker glass top

VW Carlisle can get them on a 2-3 day lead time.... £46.33 inc VAT each.
Slightly better but still an extortion.

I have managed to break or at least displace one of the hinges on the glass top over the cooker/sink. I see from some posts of April 2015 that a replacement VW hinge costs £46 (!) but PMRM suggests using a similar hinge Sepa Thin, possibly available from Hafele. However, I have not been able to find anything similar.

Does anyone know where a replacement hinge might be obtained, ideally one that I can afford? Thanks.
Probably a bit late but I have several spare from broken tops over the years. Contact me if anybody needs one

Yes please, can’t for the life of me find how to send you a direct message.
found 'start conversation' but it won't allow it to send??
should I post a phone number on here????
probably not.....

Ed ... he is not a vip member so u can't message him, I've tagged him so when he logs in he will see your message ... i wouldn't put your phone number up if i were u

Ed ... he is not a vip member so u can't message him, I've tagged him so when he logs in he will see your message ... i wouldn't put your phone number up if i were u
Thank you! Have found the OConner website (very interesting), and sent a message thru there.
:cheers

Thanks very much for this link - just ordered a couple of nickel-plated hinges, total cost inc delivery c £25. So a quarter of the price of the ones from the VW shop!

Hi Folks . I need a worktop hinge . £60 is just ridiculous . I have clicked on the link that mccp has posted but I cannot find that particular hinge design . Am I doing something wrong ? Or has this item been removed . Thnx

This was the detail on my order, in case that helps

12319FC2-9A01-4B4F-A3DE-A7DE94669973.jpeg

ANYONE CHANGING THE HINGES BE CAREFUL!
We had a new fridge lid fitted under warranty because it wouldn't shut. While fitting it, they sheered off one of the s/steel fixing bolts that goes into the aluminium frame.(I have been told that there can be some interaction between stainless steell and aluminium that could make such a fitting quite difficult to undo)
The consequence was, because they were not prepared, or said it was not possible to drill out the broken off bolt because it was stainless steel, they had to fit a COMPLETE NEW KITCHEN ! Everything out, cupboards, gas, water, rear seat, subsequent damage while the work was done, cost thousands of pounds, so please be careful doing up those bolts, or in fact undoing them as well.

I’ve worn my holes out. Manage to retap the threads to a bigger size and sourced som nice stainless bolts. Problem fixed. It is really easy to cross thread the small M3 (?) bolt and ruin the holes...in addition they come often loose wiggling in the hole, and slowly destroy the threads. I’ve used blue loctite on mine...

I’ve worn my holes out. Manage to retap the threads to a bigger size and sourced som nice stainless bolts. Problem fixed. It is really easy to cross thread the small M3 (?) bolt and ruin the holes...in addition they come often loose wiggling in the hole, and slowly destroy the threads. I’ve used blue loctite on mine...
Haven't had bolts getting loose in mine?
Maybe you should open and close the lids more carefull?
Only thing that unscrewed was the fridge gas strut. Therefore I had to unscrew the fridge lid and the gas strut from the kitchen. Fixing the gas strut onto the lid again, and put everything back in place.

Cheers for posting, much appreciated, 3 ordered.
Hi, Can anyone help me by pointing me towards the specific part - I have had a look on the website and cant find it. Or if there is anywhere else to buy the hinges for the fridge other than VW. thanks

The hinge bracket on my fridge for my T5 Cali has broken. I have fund some old forum chats about suppliers in Germany. Does anyone know of any in UK or had recent experience of other suppliers. Thank you in advance.

I have managed to break or at least displace one of the hinges on the glass top over the cooker/sink. I see from some posts of April 2015 that a replacement VW hinge costs £46 (!) but PMRM suggests using a similar hinge Sepa Thin, possibly available from Hafele. However, I have not been able to find anything similar.

Does anyone know where a replacement hinge might be obtained, ideally one that I can afford? Thanks.
I have some you can have one free

Hello Andy, I have been living with a semi-broken one since I bought my van 18 months ago. If you have a surplus of spares I’m happy to give a contribution for one or ideally two please.
many thanks, Mike