Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Broken sliding kitchen door

Rob Feeney

Rob Feeney

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
Hi all, an over zealous mechanic unfortunately bent one of the sliding hinges of the kitchen cupboards by hitting it with a tyre.

The door is now rubbing/grating against the other and is very difficult to open/close.

Do you have any advice on how to repair/replace the sliding mechanism? It’s the left door, so the outermost hinge when both are slid open.

4DE9AC52-9EAD-4522-9CFD-4B014759D7CC.jpeg

943BCD04-3E68-4C69-82B1-A527515058A6.png

I think you'd have to take off the right door first.
Unscrew the 4 bolts on the door (you can see them on your bottom picture. Then you can take off the hinges.
Then open the left door a bit to take off the 2 bolts on the right hinge, then you take off the left hinge bolts
You can buy a repair set of hinges at VW. Or if you are handy enough to shape the bent hinges back in the right shape, you can try this first.

I think you'd have to take off the right door first.
Unscrew the 4 bolts on the door (you can see them on your bottom picture. Then you can take off the hinges.
Then open the left door a bit to take off the 2 bolts on the right hinge, then you take off the left hinge bolts
You can buy a repair set of hinges at VW. Or if you are handy enough to shape the bent hinges back in the right shape, you can try this first.
Agree. If the plastic pieces are intact, you can try bending the brackets back into place. It’s a really fiddly job getting the brackets off and on so allow a fair bit of time and go slow. If your time is more valuable than money, I’d simply order a replacement set. One set is two brackets for one door. If they are all bent, you’ll need two sets. Good luck.

part number in photo below.

FF4DEC4B-E1B7-4A0F-B023-E5DEAC277B95.jpeg

Last edited:
Agree. If the plastic pieces are intact, you can try bending the brackets back into place. It’s a really fiddly job getting the brackets off and on so allow a fair bit of time and go slow. If your time is more valuable than money, I’d simply order a replacement set. One set is two brackets for one door. If they are all bent, you’ll need two sets. Good luck.

part number in photo below.

View attachment 67339
Thank you so much

Back