Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Broken sliding window lock

nigpdreadingfc

nigpdreadingfc

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 199 4Motion
Hi.
My Cali Ocean T6.1 has the centre part missing in one of the sliding windows.
Would any of you chaps know if the part can be replaced, or is it a complete new fitting (and hopefully not a new window)?
Thanks in advance for your help
J-C window compare.jpg

Last edited:
Hi.
My Cali Ocean T6.1 has the centre part missing in one of the sliding windows.
Would any of you chaps know if the part can be replaced, or is it a complete new fitting (and hopefully not a new window)?
Thanks in advance for your help
View attachment 125649
Was it always missing or recently come off. I believe the missing part is a static piece that acts as a stop for the top and bottoms moving parts. Just cosmetic really. Maybe somebody could 3D print a replacement for you or just get some plastic or metal and fashion one yourself. Can you access the rear? If so screw the new piece in but if not some double sided gorilla tape might do.

Was it always missing or recently come off. I believe the missing part is a static piece that acts as a stop for the top and bottoms moving parts. Just cosmetic really. Maybe somebody could 3D print a replacement for you or just get some plastic or metal and fashion one yourself. Can you access the rear? If so screw the new piece in but if not some double sided gorilla tape might do.
It has always been missing, but I recently got a little heavy-handed when opening the window and nearly pulled the window in, which is an accident I'm trying to avoid by refitting the stop.

Back