Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Broken water tap on T6

F

fryersfield

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
Hello,

I had the revolving on/off water tap come away i my hands while away on a camp. It appears to be a pop connector but I am struggling to get the tap to remain within the female part of the socket. Has anyone got any experience of assembling the water tap or views on whether I will need a new tap?

thanks

You should be able to push it back on try pushing and twisting at the same time .

As above we had the same, not sure how it came apart as it looked as if it had unscrewed but it just pushed in

Hello,

I had the revolving on/off water tap come away i my hands while away on a camp. It appears to be a pop connector but I am struggling to get the tap to remain within the female part of the socket. Has anyone got any experience of assembling the water tap or views on whether I will need a new tap?

thanks
Did you have any luck fixing it? We have had the same issue and cannot get it to stay fixed in.

Yes, as per advice above, I took it back to dealer and he simply pushed it back in in a few seconds. Been fins for the last 5 trips

jason

Just been out to the van and the tap head is lying in the sink, I have tried to push it back on but it feels like if I force it the tap will brake?

tap.jpeg

Very hard push got ours on (T5)

Sorry - mistake above.

My tap has come adrift but not just the aluminium part. The black section which swivels on the central black part has come out.
I've tried to push it back in but without success.
Is there a knack to doing this or is it just a question of more force??
Alan

Sorry - mistake above.

My tap has come adrift but not just the aluminium part. The black section which swivels on the central black part has come out.
Alan
Just had the same and inside looked like a plastic ring had snapped. Was giving up hope and final very big push popped it back in. Working like new

Sorry - mistake above.

Alan
Try twisting it and pushing at the same time. It does need quite a bit of force hold the opposite side with the other hand .

Just had the same happen , seems everyrhing that can go wrong on our cali doe so ... but i gave it a very hard push and it snapped back in.

First post to any thread as only had T6 Ocean for 6 days ( 6month old VW group vehicle via Robinson’s motor group Norwich excellent value and service) Same issue tap found in sink.
Tried various methods above and only achieved the removal of the black connector that the tap head plugs into.
However once this was off the sink the solution was quick and easy (but not for the fainted hearted)
The white connector and O ring need a v small quantity of plumbing water safe lubricant.
Fit the tap head to the black connector then holding the tap in your hand, strike the black connector block on a solid surface protected with a piece of material or old carpet to limit any risk of scratching or point load on the black block.
The shock load gets it right first time ( if you are brave enough)
The black connector with its correctly attached tap head is then an easy push and twist action back onto the sink block.
Removal of this is a pull and twist .
Why the tap head pops off? No idea

I’ve just found my tap in the sink too. VW van Centre day it’s broken and “not a warrantable item”

I spoke to a rather stupid woman at VW Customer Care who eventually told me it’s classed as a “wear and tear item. They’re only covered for 6 months or 6000 miles. Whichever is the soonest”

Wanting clarification for what other internal, integrated fittings are “wear and tear” she told me “The VW Van Centre will be able to tell you”.

I asked her to confirm whether they will have a full and comprehensive list. “No” she replied.

The cost to replace is £52.04 and £115.04 to supply and fit.

£115 for a sh1tty tap. WTF??

Does anyone know what other international fixtures and fittings are “wear and tear”?

Have a look in the shop here
You get the whole tap plus switch/ operating lever for £30 (-5% for VIP membership plus postage.
The tap unit is on 2 parts.
You only need the spout part and black base to replace your faulty one. No need to take apart from under sink.
Agree the unit is not fit for purpose but for £30 is it worth the hassle and fight to pursue VW?

37EBEE87-7B37-4628-9ADA-E7363A97BFD3.jpeg

Hello,

thanks

Hello,

thanks
If you put the tap in a mug of very hot water, it expands and pops back on (that worked for me).

Great tip…warming the tap up first. I saw this too late ….just pushed it back on a bit harder than felt OK. Reassuring click when it’s back on though

I remembered it from physics lessons as a kid!

Thanks @jason.oneill4 and @Yanto . Both have merit in my view...I went for the very hot water option but the force necessary to push the tap arm on was just too much for the connection to left of the tap "T" piece and it came apart :(
Luckily, I pushed the tap arm onto it's receptor then reconnected both to the main tap and it all works OK.
jason.oneill4's approach is cheapest option but I would suggest adding some packing between the tap assembly and the metal sink to avoid the damage I described above.
Next time though, I'll invest £10 to buy an oil filter wrench as it looks more gentle on the fragile-looking tap assembly.

Back