Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Stuck with replacing tap on T5.1

• Thread starter cpjb@btinternet.com
  • Start date
cpjb@btinternet.com

cpjb@btinternet.com

Vehicle
T5 SE 180
Folk - I've bought a new tap and I'm in the process of fitting it. However I'm stuck, and wondered whether anyone can answer my query. I've no problem with taking the old tap out or the electrical connections...

However, after loosening the jubilee clip which tightens the blue water supply pipe to the existing connector, the blue hose in not coming off and seems to be stuck on the existing connector. However, in the process of trying to budge it, I did pull the existing connecter (and blue hose) off the old tap!

Before I use brute force, on either the new tap to remove its connector (so the old one can be re-fitted under the sink), or on the blue hose to remove it from the existing connector - what should I do? Don't want to break the new tap if the connector is not really supposed to be detached from it.

Thanks Chris.

Try softening the tubing with a heat gun or hairdryer to make it pliable.

Good advice thanks. I'll try the hairdryer first to try and loosen the hose. Also just read that pouring hot water on it slowly should loosen it (although a bit messier!).

Poured some boiling water into a cup and dunked the end of the pipe with spigot stuck into it for 2 mins, and it just slipped off with ease.

Back