Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Broken window catch

Mullaghroe

Mullaghroe

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
I've just been on my first outing since buying my 2013 cali privately. The catch on the sliding door window is broken with one side flapping loosely. Thought I'd try a local dealership as it's only 2 months out of warranty. What are my chances? Anyone else had this problem?

yes I have had the same thing happen tried to open the window and one side of the catch has broken off.
I am still under warranty but due to time and distance to the dealer I was considering fixing it myself.
looked up (vw t5 sliding window latch) and a kit is available for around £12.
Not sure what the quality would be like.
Cant be worse than what's already there.
not sure what the price would be from VW.
still considering what to do. VW TRANSPORTER T5 .PNG

yes I have had the same thing happen tried to open the window and one side of the catch has broken off.
I am still under warranty but due to time and distance to the dealer I was considering fixing it myself.
looked up (vw t5 sliding window latch) and a kit is available for around £12.
Not sure what the quality would be like.
Cant be worse than what's already there.
not sure what the price would be from VW.
still considering what to do. View attachment 16044
I'm not very encouraged by my first call to Reading dealer. Not hopeful of warranty claim and there's the hassle of 2 trips . One to let them confirm what I told them and another for the repair. Sounds like it's worth a £12.00 punt on E-Bay. I'll let you know.

Hi Mullaghroe,
I purchased a new catch full set up for £9 posted to the door from Ebay.
I thought it was not very good quality but when I stripped out the VW original it was the same quality basically crap.
Anyway I have fitted the new one and will now take more care when opening this window.
that said it was easy to repair.

WP_20170209_10_39_52_Pro.jpg

remove the top and bottom cover and draw the central pin from the catch make sure you keep the catch together to keep the spring in place. replace using the same method.

Hi
I got as far as ordering the part from Ebay but I thought I might make a hash of the repair. I'll take another look at the weekend and post an update.
Cheers

just take your time with it and take pictures as you dismantle it.
The covers have a small lip top and bottom located in a hole. if you carefully prise the cover out from the middle enough to free the lip.
Have look at the new one and dismantle it and put it back together before you start.
hope it goes ok the full set up is a bit flimsy and just asking to get broken.

Back