Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Electric Window Problems!

Open_road!

Open_road!

Vehicle
T5 SE 140 4Motion
Since purchase 2 years ago my drivers side window and I have had a tricky relationship. Most of the time it hasn't wanted to close fully, sometimes tricking me into a false sense of security by only leaving a 3mm gap, sometimes really testing my patience by refusing to raise higher than half way up the window. Each time it happened I tried to bear with it, but in all, its involved four trips to the Main Dealer in Poole, a visit to try and secure it by the AA, (who taught me the 'knack'), a new switch, a new motor, and a one visit to the Dealers which resulted in it coming home with no work being done 'as they couldn't find a fault'. I kept quiet about it on here as I really thought I might have to move the van on .....quietly.......(terrible thing to confess to, but you would, wouldn't you!?!)

Today, I am assured by the Main Dealer that they have fixed it. Apparently it is only now that they had decided that taking the window apart might be a good idea, (little tiny roll on eyes in this house...) They removed the door trim and window pane to find that the window glass had not been fitted correctly in the factory.

So for anyone else who might be keeping quiet about a door issue which isn't being sorted by repeated trips to the dealer, then there is a chance that your van rolled off the same fitting line as mine! (and at the same time you will find that your annoying drivers side rattle disappears!, (the one I was told repeatedly could be cured by tightening the awning a little.......).....

Great post and thanks for sharing

Mike

Back