Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Building a kitchen pod for the Beach

Nearly there now, electrics installed - plug to go to 12v socket behind passenger seat terminates behind unit in a female 12v socket for fridge to connect to and also leads to 12v for water pump.

IMG_3550.jpg

IMG_3551.jpg

Great incredible worl Max-Felix! Building like a boss! Congrats! Keep on going posting and I look forward to read your review after your trip with the beach and your DIY kitchenpod.

Thanks guys, finally finished at 6.30pm today! Pics up soon.

T Trim on worktop and electrics finished.

And last bit was a support for the fridge, went for the Waeco/Mobicool FR35 and it fits like a glove in this spot. I wanted to keep the support separate and removable from the kitchen pod. So super simple and basic as I've had enough after two weeks of pod making! :) One side, one top and one strut within, it sits perfectly on the side trim/floor and is held in front by the pod, to the sides by the trim and rear seat and to the rear by the slightly higher multiflex board. Hardly loses any storage space either.

IMG_3585.jpg

View attachment 15474

IMG_3587.jpg

IMG_3588.jpg

IMG_3589.jpg

View attachment 15478

IMG_3586.jpg

IMG_3590.jpg

That looks a great job, and all for one trip? Hope you have the time of your life and then decide to keep it :)

Thanks Keith - was not planned originally for sure that would be the case but circumstances have changed quickly so yes it will be sold on.

good skills!!! I could use a man like you in my workshop!

Thanks Slidepods. :)

We're back from our 4 week trip around France, Switzerland, Austria and Germany just yesterday - planned 3 weeks but just did not want to come home! The Beach and the pod were brilliant but now will be listed for sale. I will get an ad up later today.

Thanks Slidepods. :)

We're back from our 4 week trip around France, Switzerland, Austria and Germany just yesterday - planned 3 weeks but just did not want to come home! The Beach and the pod were brilliant but now will be listed for sale. I will get an ad up later today.

For sale? Beach, kitchen or booth?

Ikr,.

For sale? Beach, kitchen or booth?

Ikr,.

The kitchen pod is listed on the accessories section on here, I will list the Beach on here tomorrow but it's on eBay now too.

Back