Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Bulb in Pop-Top bendy light

F

flippopotamus

I have a 1994 T4 California Coach Pop-Top, with the bendy light inside the pop-top. The bulb blew, I took it out intending to get a replacement, then managed to lose it. Doh! Now I can't find a replacement. The manual says it's halogen 12V 5W but not what size it should be. I spent some time researching, ordered one, and it turned out much too large. IIRC the bulb was about 2cm long with a mini-bayonet fitting, and 8 or 9 mm in diameter at the bottom.....

Can any of you good people help??? :D

I'll have a look later this morning.

A word of warning. I replaced mine a while ago with an identical bulb and it melted the plastic lens.

S.

Hiya,
Thanks for the warning. It would be great if you could post what size the bulb was so I can try to find one!!!

Hi,
If this is the same bendy light as in the T5 California, i.e. The Osram Copilot - then the correct 5W lamp is an Osram 64111, which can be found on Amazon.

For an easy conversion to LED Amazon also list the Osram T4W LED. This plugs straight in so is very easy, however it is not as bright as the halogen 64111. We find it bright enough for upstairs use but not for downstairs. Also even the Warm White version is distinctly cool compared to all other Warm White LEDs I've seen. Primarily for that reason I will probably end up replacing it with a G4 module as described elsewhere.

Cheers,
Robert

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I thought I should come back and post an update for future reference…

I bought the Osram 64111, about £10 for 2, from Amazon. They’re just right. I didn’t fancy a dimmer LED ‘cos my old eyeballs like a lot of light :crazy

They definitely don’t overheat – my daughter accidentally threw a jumper over the light one evening and it was on all night under the jumper, but nothing melted. Phew!

Thanks for the spot-on advice :D

Flip

T4 bendy light is a square unit, made by Hella. T5 is round Osram.

S.

Back