Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

What to look out for when buying a used Beach.

They were meant to release 80 Editions in the UK, 40 Oceans and 40 Beaches.

I’m seriously thinking of selling as I can’t see us using it much for holidays this year. We’ve got a house project on going and may sell and just get a Kombi.

It’s due its first service and may book it in at SMG instead of my local dealer at Chelmsford!
The following site suggests 32 UK registered Beach Editions and 37 Ocean Editions. Quite an interesting site, it also shows there were only 2 Grand Cali 4motions registered in UK as of 2019, one of which is owned by a member on here.

The following site suggests 32 UK registered Beach Editions and 37 Ocean Editions. Quite an interesting site, it also shows there were only 2 Grand Cali 4motions registered in UK as of 2019, one of which is owned by a member on here.
3 of the Beach Editions have gone missing.
Wonder if they have been written off or exported?

3 of the Beach Editions have gone missing.
Wonder if they have been written off or exported?
Interesting indeed - the ‘About’ section is very transparent about the source of data (DVLA) and even links to the dataset. It includes SORN’d vehicles. Without having examined in detail, a skim of that page would suggest only being written off/ CAT S/ exported would result in a vehicle being removed from the ‘remaining’ count.

Thanks that's a really good tip to pre chill it. Arrived today the CFX28 and it looks great.
Spoke to the dealer today and van should be ready mid next week. Said he'd had at least 10 other enquires for it this week (as they haven''t taken it off the VW site yet) and they've sold all their Beaches. Sounds like I got in there just in time!
Yes you did. Well done. There were 29 Beaches on the VW commercial used vehicles site when I looked less that two week ago. Today its down to 18. So get um while their hot.

Yes you did. Well done. There were 29 Beaches on the VW commercial used vehicles site when I looked less that two week ago. Today its down to 18. So get um while their hot.
And 3 recently registered ones are nearly 60 grand!

37 on the 1st June!

2C77D024-B159-40D6-AA4D-238306741B1D.png

And 3 recently registered ones are nearly 60 grand!
Yes, I noticed that. They will probably sell at near those prices as well.

I've lost count if the numbers of people recently announcing that they have just bought a Beach. The last ones are going fast. I have a feeling that Beach residuals will very firm for sometime to come.

I may phone them up and see how much they are prepared to offer for mine!
Message me please if you are looking to sell. I was one of the number who phoned SMG this weekend to enquire and they’d sold all their T6 Beaches. They seem to have gone like hot cakes all over the country. The used VW site is not up to date at all. Virtually all the £40k models have sold. Mainly the £50+ ones remaining!!

Message me please if you are looking to sell. I was one of the number who phoned SMG this weekend to enquire and they’d sold all their T6 Beaches. They seem to have gone like hot cakes all over the country. The used VW site is not up to date at all. Virtually all the £40k models have sold. Mainly the £50+ ones remaining!!

Ok will do but having 2nd thoughts tonight! My 8 yr old daughter was nearly in tears when she overheard me telling a friend that I was thinking of selling the Cali!

Ok will do but having 2nd thoughts tonight! My 8 yr old daughter was nearly in tears when she overheard me telling a friend that I was thinking of selling the Cali!
Yeh. My 8yr old daughter was in tears when I told her the one I’d shown her online had sold!!
emotive stuff!!

Don’t do it, you will definitely regret it!

Back