Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Buying advice

tucker266

tucker266

Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Great forum - spent hours reading in the last few days. Grateful for a bit of additional advice

Am close to deciding to buy a Beach - hoping to get hold of van before wedding in August which seems like it might be just about possible on current order times. Not the end of the world if it doesn't make it.

I've been into VW dealership in North London for a few conversations - they don't know an enormous amount about the vans and they point blank refuse to contemplate any discount. Is this unusual ? Or is it simply a sellers market ATM?

I'm going to approach a few other dealers - Swansea and Liverpool seem like they do more on Californias.

Q - can you do this over the phone- travelling to the dealer just to collect the van? What/ if any discount should I be looking for on a pretty well specced van (47k ish) potentially also using dealer some dealer finance.

No doubt there are a million different variations - but some up to date rules of thumb would be really helpful.

Any suggestions for dealers to talk to (or stay away from) either here or in PM, would be much appreciated.

Cheers

There is a topic where discounts are discussed .
Also about dealerships Cali -worthy had been written some words...

We did our negotiations via email, visiting twice to 1. sign order and 2. collect.

Any suggestions for dealers to talk to (or stay away from) either here or in PM, would be much appreciated.
Speak to Guy Vincent at Volkswagen Van Centre Lancashire. Knows his onions and gives a healthy discount, many on here will agree. I'm sure pickup wouldn't be a problem, come up on the fast train (Preston) and somebody could meet you from the dealership.

We did our negotiations via telephone/email. Only visited the dealer to collect. Got the train there,had a great journey home (200 miles+). In the end bought through drive the deal.Not sure they selling them any more.
In fact spoke to several dealers while searching . Some were willing to negotiate,some not.

Spend hours reading all the threads on here to help decide our base vehicle & added options. The only regret we have is we didn't upgrade the headlights, they are poor.

Our local VW will be looking after our Cali.

There is a thread on dealer reviews
https://vwcaliforniaclub.com/forums/dealer-reviews.18/
Guy at Preston was willing to give us a discount & pay some money towards our travel expenses. He knows his stuff. He still couldn't match the drive the deal VW dealer.

Last edited: