Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Buying 'stuff' before you've even ordered a Cali!!

CampervanTime

CampervanTime

VIP Member
Vehicle
Westy Sven Hedin
Oh dear, the rot seems to have set in...

We've not even been on our hire trip yet, let alone order a Cali and there seems to be a small (and growing) pile of 'stuff' in our back bedroom for something we may or may not buy!!

John Lewis a few weeks ago, end of summer sale, some multi coloured plastic stacking drinking cups
Then Busfest, where we got a pink Lei, VW bus umbrella and VW bus LED fairy lights
And then yesterday, Lincoln motorhome show, got 2 Van-X wine glasses with the magnetic bottoms.

Ok I know these bits are minor really and can be used if forgot the idea of a Cali and carried on camping instead.

I think the only thing holding us back from buying lots more stuff is the fact that we're saving as hard as we can for the Cali itself, which is actually quite important!!

I presume we're not alone in this affliction?!

Very easy to over buy and never use,
2 Van-X wine glasses with the magnetic bottoms.
example where are you going to stick these to in a Cali

You are not alone! So long as you assume half of what you pre accumulate will end up not being used you'll be OK!
Seriously don't get carried away. It's not until you actually get out and use the Cali that you can really decide what and if you need stuff.

Only buy the "essentials" like hook-up cable , collapseble bucket , external windscreencover ,....
There's a tread on "essentials" if you search.
Space is very limited in a Cali , the first trips you take lots of stuff and afther a few you just triw them out as useless.
Save your £ and buy stuff later .

Collapsible buckets and bowls ... £4 in Wilkinsons a bargain!

Very easy to over buy and never use,

example where are you going to stick these to in a Cali

You are not alone.

Albert has his own understaffs cupboard in our house.

It's full of "essentials" that I bought for him pre delivery 4 years ago :sad

Collapsible buckets and bowls ... £4 in Wilkinsons a bargain!
I always have an issue when I sit on a collapsible bucket but our bowl works fine

Back