Buying a camper van & regrets

Meoncoast

Meoncoast

an Ocean by the Sea
Super Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
I am quite amazed buy the number of T6 being placed up for sale on the forum adds. Do people buy one and not like the camper van life and flip them or is it a money-spinner. Having camped yeas ago I knew what a camper van holiday would be about and knew once we had a van we would struggle without one. I guess if you buy one and put it up for sale quickly you may not loose much. Do many of you have regrets on buying a camper van.

Looking at the mileage and high price of some I would say they have been bought to make a profit.

I am quite amazed buy the number of T6 being placed up for sale on the forum adds. Do people buy one and not like the camper van life and flip them or is it a money-spinner. Having camped yeas ago I knew what a camper van holiday would be about and knew once we had a van we would struggle without one. I guess if you buy one and put it up for sale quickly you may not loose much. Do many of you have regrets on buying a camper van.
I have no regrets (although did sell a T6 as I tried and failed at renting it out). We LOVE van life. We can't do loads of camping but we use it as a very well specced day van for trips and picnics with potential for a few small breaks in the year. The price diff between caravelle and Cali beach isn't much at all but the flexibility and price retention of a Cali is way better.

Unless they are offered at more than list (less say 7%) then I don't believe they have been bought WITH THE AIM of selling at a profit. Buying with a view to selling in Spring may be a plan, but buying to sell in November??

I suspect they were bought in haste, without a trial hire. The practical reality didn't meet their expectations.

Because residuals are so strong (due to the waiting list and the list price increasing) it means that the bad decision to buy can be reversed relatively free of the pain you might have expected on a normal vehicle.

And this time trying to answer your question....

No regrets with the lifestyle, but I have gone through several van layouts trying to find the one that suits my lifestyle and specific requirements. The problem is, by the time you've found that perfect fit, your personal circumstances change, and the cycle is forced to start over!

As I said in my first response, the costs of mistakes are minimal if you buy carefully, and I've not made a loss of any of the vans I've owned.

I said it before , only regret is that i waited until my almost 40th birthday to get me a Cali.
As for diffrent specs. , there's always bigger,better,bolder,newer,....but as long i not won the lottery ....

Last edited:
Back