Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Cabin loud clicky windy noise T6.1 Ocean

T

trisset

Vehicle
Looking to buy
Hi,

I have a new 2021 Cali Ocean T6.1 4Motion 150 dsg from Belgium. Since the very beginning we hear a loud windy noise from the passenger side. We want back to VW and they had a short term solution till I had the appointment to fix it. The short term solution was putting tape on the outside. After they replaced the black plastic on the front of the rail the problem persisted so I went back to VW and they put back the tape for now. They will contact me when they have more information. Did someone here notice the same sound/noise? And how did the garage fix it?

Thanks

B9DC61F3-3721-4640-A55F-C093E911E15B_1_105_c.jpeg

066E900A-EE4A-441D-8683-DC0F9D3B5455_1_105_c.jpeg

I can't say I've ever noticed any noises that I'd be worried about. There is the odd rattle from the awning now and again but I just ignore it!

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Strange one.
Are you saying that the temporary black tape stopped the noise?

The black part highlighted is bonded onto the body work, it has two tangs which insert into the aluminium rail, to assist its location, if it’s bonded badly it could have failed (the bonding) allowing the plastic end cap to move about at speed.
Mine had come loose after a year or so, bonded back on with a small amount of external clear mastic (held with tape until cured.) could use any appropriate sealant.
What the heck does a dealer need to get technical advice on ?

that tape, applied by the dealer is likely to cause more issues than good if left on the paintwork for a period of time !

Incidentally the black plastic part is circa £12 so not a major problem if it gets lost !

I can't say I've ever noticed any noises that I'd be worried about. There is the odd rattle from the awning now and again but I just ignore it!

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk
I cured the rattle from my awning, prior to final closing , I-managed to slip two elastic bands over the arms , tie raps will also work.

The black part highlighted is bonded onto the body work, it has two tangs which insert into the aluminium rail, to assist its location, if it’s bonded badly it could have failed (the bonding) allowing the plastic end cap to move about at speed.
Mine had come loose after a year or so, bonded back on with a small amount of external clear mastic (held with tape until cured.) could use any appropriate sealant.
What the heck does a dealer need to get technical advice on ?

that tape, applied by the dealer is likely to cause more issues than good if left on the paintwork for a period of time !
Thanks a lot for the input. I will forward this information to them.

Back