Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Caddy Maxi Camper

Meoncoast

Meoncoast

an Ocean by the Sea
Top Poster
VIP Member
Lifetime VIP Member
Messages
4,501
Location
Moorgreen
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Off vw van website earlier in the week short life in the uk
 
James

James

Top Poster
VIP Member
Messages
2,353
Location
Broadclyst, Devon
Well, that makes it a rarity.

For me the Maxi Camper itself is a lovely vehicle but expensive and it was the same with the Camper, once you add in a few essentials then its not far off 2nd Hand Beach Money. Two different vehicles but for limited space it seemed quite pricey.

Anyone he has one, did anyone buy one? Will surely have one of the rarest UK VW's

James
 
C

choplee

Guest User
Rare , well overpriced ,but did fill a gap and i actually had some time for them ...
I know danbury do a conversion with a mini pop top roof and toilet, so least there is still that option for a caddy camper .... :smile
 
James

James

Top Poster
VIP Member
Messages
2,353
Location
Broadclyst, Devon
choplee said:
Rare , well overpriced ,but did fill a gap and i actually had some time for them ...
I know danbury do a conversion with a mini pop top roof and toilet, so least there is still that option for a caddy camper .... :smile

Yes and I quite like Danbury conversion


James
 
Andresz

Andresz

VIP Member
Messages
521
Vehicle
T5 HighTop
It is gone in France, too. (both, long and regular)
 

KernowLad

Gone, but not forgotten!
VIP Member
Messages
2,866
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150 4Motion
It looked SO cool in that bright green colour too.
Too small for us but for a couple or single surfer, PERFECT!
 
G

gatvol

Messages
495
Too expensive. Most punters that can afford that sort of money demand greater creature comforts.
 
James

James

Top Poster
VIP Member
Messages
2,353
Location
Broadclyst, Devon
Would agree


In Germany both the Caddy and T5 Multivan are sold and marketed as alternatives to cars, so the emphasis is not just on the commercial aspect.

That's not the case in the UK where, with the Caddy, if you ask people, they will always say commercial vehicle.

So it's problematic when you're trying to sell Caddy Maxi Life's to people as a daily MPV, add to that the expense of a camper conversion and you're into a limited market.

People in the UK see vans as less than cars and place them in a lower bracket.

James
 
C

californiadream

Messages
7
Just bought a Caddy Maxi Camper to go with my white Cali Beach. Demo's are great value at present, infact cheaper than a Caddy maxi plus you get all the camper bits thrown in. It's one of the vivid green ones - the best colour! Can't wait to try it out.
As numbers will be small could owners join our Cali Club as they are sort related.
Californiadream
 
Meoncoast

Meoncoast

an Ocean by the Sea
Top Poster
VIP Member
Lifetime VIP Member
Messages
4,501
Location
Moorgreen
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
californiadream said:
Just bought a Caddy Maxi Camper to go with my white Cali Beach. Demo's are great value at present, infact cheaper than a Caddy maxi plus you get all the camper bits thrown in. It's one of the vivid green ones - the best colour! Can't wait to try it out.
As numbers will be small could owners join our Cali Club as they are sort related.
Californiadream

You have joined and own a beach I for one would be happy to see photo and hear about your VW Caddy camper :hello
 
C

californiadream

Messages
7
Get it in a couple of weeks as it needs a tow ball fitted so I can use my Beach's Thule Easy Base and a super large plastic grey garden box I found that holds everything - it's a California (Beach) must have piece of kit.
I'll post pic''s and a report then.
 

KernowLad

Gone, but not forgotten!
VIP Member
Messages
2,866
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150 4Motion
californiadream said:
Get it in a couple of weeks as it needs a tow ball fitted so I can use my Beach's Thule Easy Base and a super large plastic grey garden box I found that holds everything - it's a California (Beach) must have piece of kit.
I'll post pic''s and a report then.

That's rather keen; having two newish VW Campers! Pics needed when you get the Caddy! :thumb
 
Camperfamily

Camperfamily

VIP Member
Messages
611
Location
Edinburgh
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
Thread revival. The lime green Caddy Maxi Camper is back, now with California in its name and improved design. (Re)launch articles of the Caddy California have been posted in other threads, here’s one actually in stock and avail to buy:

 
4x4 joker

4x4 joker

VW T6.1 Westfalia Club Joker 4motion
Top Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Messages
1,819
Location
Southampton/Perthshire
Vehicle
N/A
Thread revival. The lime green Caddy Maxi Camper is back, now with California in its name and improved design. (Re)launch articles of the Caddy California have been posted in other threads, here’s one actually in stock and avail to buy:

You can only reserve it, as it’s there demo until September ad says
 
soulstyledevon

soulstyledevon

Top Poster
VIP Member
Messages
4,680
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
Wow.
That’s got it be one of the ugliest vehicles in the Volkswagen range.
Did they bolt stuff together from the surplus bin…???
 
66tim99

66tim99

Top Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Messages
2,470
Location
London
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
Panoramic glass roof looks great. Cuts the claustrophobia and would be lovely looking at the moon or waking up and watching the rain.
Would that be possible in a pop top? California, or too heavy?
 
Top