Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Caddy Maxi Camper

Off vw van website earlier in the week short life in the uk

Well, that makes it a rarity.

For me the Maxi Camper itself is a lovely vehicle but expensive and it was the same with the Camper, once you add in a few essentials then its not far off 2nd Hand Beach Money. Two different vehicles but for limited space it seemed quite pricey.

Anyone he has one, did anyone buy one? Will surely have one of the rarest UK VW's

James

Rare , well overpriced ,but did fill a gap and i actually had some time for them ...
I know danbury do a conversion with a mini pop top roof and toilet, so least there is still that option for a caddy camper .... :smile

choplee said:
Rare , well overpriced ,but did fill a gap and i actually had some time for them ...
I know danbury do a conversion with a mini pop top roof and toilet, so least there is still that option for a caddy camper .... :smile

Yes and I quite like Danbury conversion

James

It is gone in France, too. (both, long and regular)

It looked SO cool in that bright green colour too.
Too small for us but for a couple or single surfer, PERFECT!

Too expensive. Most punters that can afford that sort of money demand greater creature comforts.

Would agree

In Germany both the Caddy and T5 Multivan are sold and marketed as alternatives to cars, so the emphasis is not just on the commercial aspect.

That's not the case in the UK where, with the Caddy, if you ask people, they will always say commercial vehicle.

So it's problematic when you're trying to sell Caddy Maxi Life's to people as a daily MPV, add to that the expense of a camper conversion and you're into a limited market.

People in the UK see vans as less than cars and place them in a lower bracket.

James

Just bought a Caddy Maxi Camper to go with my white Cali Beach. Demo's are great value at present, infact cheaper than a Caddy maxi plus you get all the camper bits thrown in. It's one of the vivid green ones - the best colour! Can't wait to try it out.
As numbers will be small could owners join our Cali Club as they are sort related.
Californiadream

californiadream said:
Just bought a Caddy Maxi Camper to go with my white Cali Beach. Demo's are great value at present, infact cheaper than a Caddy maxi plus you get all the camper bits thrown in. It's one of the vivid green ones - the best colour! Can't wait to try it out.
As numbers will be small could owners join our Cali Club as they are sort related.
Californiadream

You have joined and own a beach I for one would be happy to see photo and hear about your VW Caddy camper :hello

Get it in a couple of weeks as it needs a tow ball fitted so I can use my Beach's Thule Easy Base and a super large plastic grey garden box I found that holds everything - it's a California (Beach) must have piece of kit.
I'll post pic''s and a report then.

californiadream said:
Get it in a couple of weeks as it needs a tow ball fitted so I can use my Beach's Thule Easy Base and a super large plastic grey garden box I found that holds everything - it's a California (Beach) must have piece of kit.
I'll post pic''s and a report then.

That's rather keen; having two newish VW Campers! Pics needed when you get the Caddy! :thumb

Thread revival. The lime green Caddy Maxi Camper is back, now with California in its name and improved design. (Re)launch articles of the Caddy California have been posted in other threads, here’s one actually in stock and avail to buy:

Thread revival. The lime green Caddy Maxi Camper is back, now with California in its name and improved design. (Re)launch articles of the Caddy California have been posted in other threads, here’s one actually in stock and avail to buy:

You can only reserve it, as it’s there demo until September ad says

Wow.
That’s got it be one of the ugliest vehicles in the Volkswagen range.
Did they bolt stuff together from the surplus bin…???

Panoramic glass roof looks great. Cuts the claustrophobia and would be lovely looking at the moon or waking up and watching the rain.
Would that be possible in a pop top? California, or too heavy?