Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Cali Beach Awning Crank Storage

Custardtart

Custardtart

I've asked this elsewhere but now think it might only apply to cali beaches with 3 seat rear bench so I'm reposting here.

Where do you store the awning crank?

On some I think it clips to a tray under the bench but my seat has three smaller trays (see the photo - too small for the crank) so I can't see where it goes.

3 seat bench.jpg

Custardtart said:
I've asked this elsewhere but now think it might only apply to cali beaches with 3 seat rear bench so I'm reposting here.

Where do you store the awning crank?

On some I think it clips to a tray under the bench but my seat has three smaller trays (see the photo - too small for the crank) so I can't see where it goes.

There is probably a designated storage place that I simply haven't seen but mine lives by the side of the rear bench seat. There's enough space for it to be secure and not have it rolling around the van.

James

I'll try something similar in the morning.

I've had a really good look but can't see a designated place and it was on the back luggage shelf when the dealer handed it over - it keeps getting knocked onto the floor when I put stuff in/out of the boot so got to find somewhere better!

If you do figure it out - let me know.

:thanks

Custardtart said:
I'll try something similar in the morning.

I've had a really good look but can't see a designated place and it was on the back luggage shelf when the dealer handed it over - it keeps getting knocked onto the floor when I put stuff in/out of the boot so got to find somewhere better!

If you do figure it out - let me know.

:thanks

The three seater bench does lift slightly but it doesn't stay up and I couldn't see a clip. That's not to say there isn't one there!

It does sit nicely at the side of the seat.

James

You're right - I've put it down the side of the seat and it's super snug. Also doesn't stick out or get in the way. The kids couldn't even find it!

Thanks for the idea.

:thumb

Back