Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Cali coast finally ordered

California Dreamer

California Dreamer

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Coast 150
Hi everyone we ordered our Cali coast today! So grateful for all the advice on this forum for navigating the options and whole process. Went via autoebid as dealer was fairly local and discount seemed good. Gone for bronze 2 tone (love ascot grey especially as it’s free but was overruled), options for privacy glass, rear a/c, 5th seat, reversing camera and mattress. So excited - wanted my own mystery machine ever since watching scooby do as a kid

Hi everyone we ordered our Cali coast today! So grateful for all the advice on this forum for navigating the options and whole process. Went via autoebid as dealer was fairly local and discount seemed good. Gone for bronze 2 tone (love ascot grey especially as it’s free but was overruled), options for privacy glass, rear a/c, 5th seat, reversing camera and mattress. So excited - wanted my own mystery machine ever since watching scooby do as a kid
It's purely preference I know but may I suggest you consider adding the front fog lights while you can. It's a relatively low cost option and finishes the front end of the van off nicely. I don't have them and it is a constant annoyance to me as retro fitting them is very, very expensive.

It's purely preference I know but may I suggest you consider adding the front fog lights while you can. It's a relatively low cost option and finishes the front end of the van off nicely. I don't have them and it is a constant annoyance to me as retro fitting them is very, very expensive.
+1 for those too. Added them to ours purely for aesthetic reasons and really glad that I did.

Here‘s the old Skool styleee, nice and subtle interior

F00A8273-3811-4524-AA18-A1836B6B85D6.jpeg

075A13E9-1057-451C-9EA2-B165AE7FBA04.jpeg

Great, congratulations.
Did you consider the extra range/heating potential of the 80L fuel tank? A cheap factory option also expensive to retrofit, might give you an extra 80 miles and get you out of a hole racing for a ferry, at least mean you don't have to fill up as often.
Enjoy the anticipation.

Thanks for the advice will take a look!

Great, congratulations.
Did you consider the extra range/heating potential of the 80L fuel tank? A cheap factory option also expensive to retrofit, might give you an extra 80 miles and get you out of a hole racing for a ferry, at least mean you don't have to fill up as often.
Enjoy the anticipation.
Thanks, I wasn’t sure about this as adds a bit of weight and only 10 litres different but hadnt considered the heater uses it too! Most people seem to go for it on here.

Thanks, I wasn’t sure about this as adds a bit of weight and only 10 litres different but hadnt considered the heater uses it too! Most people seem to go for it on here.
Yeah for me it was a £80 no-brainer.

:welcome Hope the wait passes quickly.
Thanks! Been told 12 months by autoebid as a ‘worst case scenario’ so hoping it’ll at least be with us for next summer hols - such a long time to wait!

Back