Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Cali Coast Intro

Having Watched stoke last night I don't think I could offer a convincing argument to your question:( So Lancs is a big place with lots of teams, which one is yours? More importantly what are your tips for a new cali owner?
I can't help you there I'm afraid, hopefully next week I will be an owner :bananadance2

I am a Man by birth from the Red side of the City so suffering at the moment.

Errr?? No hate, we're waiting for our Coast...

Was just saying that it's not worth adding loads of options to a Coast...
Good point on the rug, I was looking at the tailored (around the tracks) carpets but they are expensive and I didn't even look if they were washable. Let us know what you find.
I’ve got a little list of things people have said on this forum. Dunelm Marvel shaggy mat is on it - cheap!!
I feel the van needs warming up so thought that might help. I think I will get Christmas out the way then look for some bargains in January.

Just read your posts, nice to hear you are getting a Coast,
We got ours in October ,and over the moon with it,
The extra we have bought is a porta poti and cover for it , fitted mat for sitting area,
Duvalay mattress topper for lower bed
Regards

Just read your posts, nice to hear you are getting a Coast,
We got ours in October ,and over the moon with it,
The extra we have bought is a porta poti and cover for it , fitted mat for sitting area,
Duvalay mattress topper for lower bed
Regards
Mine is coming end January. Have you managed to get out in it (overnight)?

yes we got away before lockdown, we stayed at Troutbeck cc sit in the Lake District,, we are new to the California and we had to work things out on sit ,
Regards

Our Coast is CW50 build, so tomorrow! Hopefully early Feb delivery to Breeze. Ascot Grey, LED, Nav, bellows, rev camera, 17" Devonports.

Pre-purchases...
Freshtec Duvalay topper (I have reservations about this, but not yet tried so we'll see. Originally Campervantastic shipped the wrong topper, a memory foam one. Very quickly rectified but the Freshtec seems to be nothing more than a low density sheet of std foam. Nothing 'tec' about it in design. People say it's a great product tho, so hopefully will be money well spent.)
Some hooks for back of headrest poles.
Ridge Monkey
Private plate from DVLA (probs should have spent this money on something useful :)

Next will be gas, hook-up cable and maybe porta-potty.
Window tint to be done locally (£225) as privacy glass isn't dark enough imo.

Our Coast is CW50 build, so tomorrow! Hopefully early Feb delivery to Breeze. Ascot Grey, LED, Nav, bellows, rev camera, 17" Devonports.

Pre-purchases...
Freshtec Duvalay topper (I have reservations about this, but not yet tried so we'll see. Originally Campervantastic shipped the wrong topper, a memory foam one. Very quickly rectified but the Freshtec seems to be nothing more than a low density sheet of std foam. Nothing 'tec' about it in design. People say it's a great product tho, so hopefully will be money well spent.)
Ridge Monkey
Private plate from DVLA (probs should have spent this money on something useful :)

Which hook up cable are you going for?

Pre-purchases...
Ridge Monkey

Hello. Just wondered when you ordered?

Not sure yet. 25m but no clue which one. Any thoughts?
When I hired a van the cable was a nightmare to wind up so it has to be something that’s tidy. I believe you can buy a bag. I have read 1.5 is long enough and to get arctic cable.

Ordered my Pure Grey Coast Editions pack (LED lights, shower, comfort mattress, LED interior lights, 17" wheels and privacy glass) last month.
Options selected:
80L fuel tank
wood effect floor
Parking heater
canvas bellows
towbar
AGM battery
stiffer sway bars

Shortlisted accessories:
Tern folding Ebike (freedom to explore without breaking down the camp)
Solar panel(s)
side flap for the awning (additional privacy and wind protection)
magnetic light blocking panels for cabin windows
What are the sway bars? Are they anti-roll bars? A factory fitted option?

I appear to have grasped the wrong end of the stick, sorry.

Congrats on your order Algor.
Theres no Coast v Ocean v Beach rivalry here. Their all Californias and all great vans.

• Agree
Reactions: Sad
Yes, ARB's in UK. They call them sway bars in the USA. Factory option on Euro spec orders.
Thanks. Firstly, great news that California’s are now available in the USA - I’d heard several tales of woe that they weren’t.
Secondly it’s interesting that this is an option in a country with long straight roads and 55mph speed limits (i generalise of course) So many are unhappy with the ride quality yet i don’t think this factory fitted ARB potential solution is available in the U.K. I have been quoted £600 for aftermarket ARB upgrades. Mind me asking what you are paying fir them in USA?
Do you have a part number/screenshot of eg a brochure showing the option?

I went with this 14 metre cable that comes with a plug adapter:

Paired with a winder that I think is essential, so much easier than wrestling with the cable every time you want to pack/unpack it!

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B08142Q8YV/?tag=eliteelect-21

It’s working well!

Aaah great minds...my Coast 6.1 ( Due in March) is Cherry too....I plan to get the top half wrapped in Candy White, my spec: wood floor, heater, 4 motion ( it's LHD) rear climate, 3 windows upstairs...I have kept the moondisc alloys and Cross Climate tyres of my now sold Beach 6.1 to put on the Coast

Welcome!

Hey folks lets see some photos of these lovely brand spanker Coasts when they arrive. Mine is due later this month. It is now “shipped” and I’m waiting patiently for the video walkaround before delivery from LVC.

Ascot Grey
Privacy glass
Reversing Camera
Comfort mattress
Panoramic bellows

Adding some bling myself from Vanstyle. My own tailormade “chromepack”. Wheels are 16” Claytons. They are nice enough and go round just like the big ones do. Bought some nice carpets from Campervancarpets. Ridge monkey cos everyone says how great they are.
I will post some photos when I can. Probably put them in the media section. Hope you all enjoy your vans when they arrive.

Here's mine, collected on Saturday:
image002.jpg
IMG_1038.jpg
IMG_1039.jpg

On the whole I am really pleased with it. The 150PS seems enough for now and the ride is comfortable on motorways and dual carriageways. Having lived with it for a few days, country roads leave me a little sea sick and roundabouts leave me a little unnerved. The 16" wheels will have to go (for me) they are too puny, I think extra tyre width is needed to as traction isn't what it could be, the 30mm lowering springs will also be a must for me to. Everything else is 1st class. I appreciate that these mod's wouldn't be wanted by many, but for me they are important to make it a daily driver.

Here's mine, collected on Saturday:
View attachment 72114
View attachment 72115
View attachment 72116

On the whole I am really pleased with it. The 150PS seems enough for now and the ride is comfortable on motorways and dual carriageways. Having lived with it for a few days, country roads leave me a little sea sick and roundabouts leave me a little unnerved. The 16" wheels will have to go (for me) they are too puny, I think extra tyre width is needed to as traction isn't what it could be, the 30mm lowering springs will also be a must for me to. Everything else is 1st class. I appreciate that these mod's wouldn't be wanted by many, but for me they are important to make it a daily driver.
Probably better and cheaper to buy bigger wheels afterwards anyway. I have heard that the diamond cut alloys are very difficult to maintain in good order.Far more choice aftermarket as well. Van looks real nice tho.