Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Cali dealer in Wales??

bvddobb

bvddobb

Top Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 174 4Motion
We've had a minor disaster with our windout awning today. Pure beginners' fault: we let the wind get under it while not yet secured.... You can paint the picture...

So, now we're looking for a Cali dealer in Wales to have the stands replaced. Anyone you guys can recommend? We are on Anglesey right now.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met behulp van Tapatalk

I bought my Cali at the dealer in Llandudno junction. The salesman's name was John Gorden. North Wales VW. 07795014829,
Llandudno Junction LL31 9AY
Phone:01492 585700
Hours:
Open today · 8:30am–6:30pm

Thank you for posting as not only does it get you the information you require but it warns the rest of us Cali owners/soon to own of the dangers. Easy error to make when you are learning. Good luck with repair

Mike

Speak to Anthea (I think) she is the only one there with pink hair.

Thanks, Calicliff! We ordered new clamps with them, we can pick them up tomorrow. We have managed to take the awning off, we'll see whether we can put the new clamps on tomorrow and then put the awning on again. They don't seem to have time to do it for us, so it will be a parking lot job, I'm afraid.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met behulp van Tapatalk

Just to finish this off, this morning we picked up the new clamps/adapters that we ordered from North Wales VW by telephone yesterday, they were there ready for us. We took off the bent ones and put on the new ones as a 'parking lot job' there ourselves (dealer had no mechanics available to do it for us - but as a courtesy they let us wash our hands in their customer toilets afterwards...), and when on the camp site tonight we put the awning back on. We just ruined one plastic end cap in that process... But that is easily replaced, we hope, since it's Omnistor/Thule. Now we know how to do it, it is a relatively easy job after all.

We're glad it is back on. The rain will not stop the next few days, and when we are at Camperjam over the weekend, at least we can get in and out of the van dry...

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPad met behulp van Tapatalk

Good thing , seems we got the better weather last week:D

Back