Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Cali heating

Thanks Welshgas

Guess it'll be money well spent particularly as we dont generally hook up at sites

Saying that winters behind us so i can probably roll a bit longer and have time to save!

How good are the Leisure Batteries? If original then they are 10 years old and maybe we’ll past their prime.

The Parking Heater will switch Off if:-
1. You have less than a 1/4 tank of fuel.
2. If the Leisure Battery voltage drops to 11.5volts at any time. Check the Control Panel voltage screen when Parking Heater is started.
3. The Parking Heater starts and heats up the vehicle . When it reaches the set temperature it will slow down, fuel pump ticking will slow. If you exceed the set temperature the heater will switch OFF.

Check all the above and try the heater on Level 7.

If the Leisure Batteries voltage drops then probably time to replace them. Will probably work OK if only used when plugged into EHU.
I had exactly this issue a year or so ago. Batteries were the issue. In the end I got both leisure batteries replaced as they were 5/6 yrs old. Never had the issue since.

Driving the van or just plugging it in for half an hour will give a false impression, it takes about half an hour after stopping the engine or unplugging for the voltage to stabilise to its true state of charge.

To get from 40 % to full you really need the van plugged in for 24hours to give the batteries a proper charge.
Thought i'd update. Batteries turned out to be knackered. Tried longer charge etc. Batteries appear undated, but i think are originals (2013) marked VW AG.

VW in Droitwich quoted 440£ Each to supply and fit

Bought x2,delivered for 343£, and fitted using the helpful guide referred to on this site in an hour.

So finally my heating and fridge work

So all geared up for adventure to Scandinavia later this year

500£ an hour for a dealership though,

Criminal

IMG_20230421_163126.jpg

IMG_20230421_163130.jpg

Back