Cali options query

larrylamb

larrylamb

Cali owner.
Super Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 140
Hi everyone, if you have a standard radio with Bluetooth is there any need for the usb option as I could use Bluetooth to stream music etc
2, if you don't have the smokers pack is there a cup holder in the cab?
3. The demonstrator I am interested in has climatronic but not 3 zone, does it still send cool air into the rear of the Cali and can you set the temp "digitally" or is it basic a/c?
Thanks.

Not sure.
Yep; two rather low rent cup holders.
I think climate is only three zone; very handy but I'm sure standard AC is fine too.

Not very helpful...!

Standard cupholder is pretty useless to be honest, not seen the one with smoking pack.

Climate is different and a good option at £600 or whatever.

Bog standard aircon (or Climatic) - is just an analogue knob which adjusts the temperature for the whole van (but will cool the front and back).

Climatronic gives you digital control of the 3 zones and sets the required fan speed to reach the correct temperature quicker.

We have the 3 zone, and too be honest we don't normally set different temperatures for the zones (after the initial playing period!)

However one feature of the 3 Zone climatronic is called REST, which allows you to feed the spare heat from the engine into the van for 15-20mins after you park up.

We love this when setting up in the cold and for short stops - it avoids firing up the van heater, so we would choose 3 zone if buying again.

T

Thanks for clearing that up. :thumb

I quite like the cupholders, but then I'm a peasant.

two 500 ml water bottles are held quite well...

just remember to close the sliding drawer when swivelling the passenger seat though otherwise great potential for up to a litre of water to go floorwards....

I stream from my phone using bluetooth so no need really for other bits of music. I should add I'm totally non-techy and only stream from my phone as I've not yet found a way not to :oops: