Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Cali secuirty poll

What security measures do you have on your Cali?

• Total voters
J

Jo_elektro

Vehicle
T5 SE 140
We have our Cali since a month and although it is safely tucked away in a garage, I am looking into extra safety measures.
Read a few good one's such as swivelling the drivers chair and locking it with a padlock but personally opted for the steering wheel lock and a good insurance. And we might still consider a tracker to feel comfortable (and a spare tire lock).
A poll seems a good tool to check what the average Cali owner has in his arsenal to discourage miscreants doing their mischief.

Everyone has the option of swivelling the drivers' seat then deadlocking the drivers' door.

Apart from the spare wheel lock, I do not feel that any extra security measures are required.

I’ve just got a spare wheel lock and don’t do anything extra.

I’m sure there is a group that don’t do anything and others that do a lot!

The poll tool only accepted 10 lines. If there were more I would have added “extra insurance” and “nothing at all”

I’ve just got a spare wheel lock and don’t do anything extra.

I’m sure there is a group that don’t do anything and others that do a lot!
would you consider swivelling the driver's seat as a security measure if you felt the place you were parking was vulnerable - or would you just not park there?

I nearly alway swivel when I park in a multi storey car park.

Apart from a "sparesafe", we use no additional security. Do ensure we have decent insurance provided which gave replacement new for old on 1st 24 months of ownership.

would you consider swivelling the driver's seat as a security measure if you felt the place you were parking was vulnerable - or would you just not park there?

I haven't done it yet. May do at some point.

I think the police may show interest if you keep swivelling in multi storey car parks......

Ram proof bollard on drive

Fitted a Sparesafe after my original spare wheel was stolen. Nothing apart from that. I try not to park in dodgy areas, never leave anything valuable on display and always double check my locks.

My insurance demanded a Bearlock, an OBD-lock and (on an automatic gearbox) a special protection for the gearbox cable.

There is an opinion that fitting more security means more damage. If they are going to nick it then they will regardless. Can't see the point in turning the seat round, surely unless it's a particularly thick thief then they will just turn it back again.

Back