Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

How Nickable is my VW Cali?

I fancy a paintball gun(marker) with luminous paintballs. they should be easy to spot. (remember not to call the police and say you have shot them with a paintball gun as they won't hear the word paintball, but at least they might attend quicker ;))

Good morning,

I am sure the insurance companies have a list of what VW California is worth after x years (I don't believe the state of maintenance and mileage goes into the calculation because it can't be checked if the vehicle is gone).

It wouldn't surprise me if a VW California Ocean with 3 years and 2 month is worth EUR 28.000. I would love to ask the insurance company...

Never the less happy California,
Eberhard

Our front drive is covered in pea shingle, it is nigh impossible to traverse over it without making a considerable noise. It is also impossible to gain any purchase on it for pushing or pulling a vehicle. It was also the cheapest way to cover a large area but that’s beside the point. We also park another vehicle across the only exit. Every little helps. Oh and one more thing, if ever you do happen to wake up in the middle of the night to see strange men attacking your Cali, remain indoors and don’t be tempted to confront them.
Do you know if we are allowed to shoot them with a crossbow bolt from the bedroom window?

I Live in Jersey and have just bought a new 6.1 . I have been thinking of visiting the UK with it but readying some of these comments i'm really not sure now !! I think I might drive to Syria instead it sounds safer :eek:

Just sleep in it and enjoy. Thats what they are for.

I’ve said this before but all manner of wheel locks, steering wheel locks etc etc is nothing compared to just turning the front seats round. Most thieving scum aren’t the brightest and even if they attempted it, turning the drivers seat has a real knack that takes time especially when you’re not fully versed in the technique. I genuinely think it would put many thieves off getting involved in the first place. I’d like to watch the cctv if it has happened.

As Loz says Autowatch Ghost, peace of mind at home or away. I got the recommendation here. Mine was 399 fitted, at home, in an hour. They'd have to crane your Cali onto a low-loader or take it apart.

As Loz says Autowatch Ghost, peace of mind at home or away. I got the recommendation here. Mine was 399 fitted, at home, in an hour. They'd have to crane your Cali onto a low-loader or take it apart.
Not really, just winch it onto a low loader if there is access. or a lift and tow after cutting handbrake cable.

Not really, just winch it onto a low loader if there is access. or a lift and tow after cutting handbrake cable.
My wife's A3's electronic handbrake seized whilst the brakes were applied. Even with all 4 wheels "braked" the winch on the low loader had no issue dragging it on - very easy.

I’ve said this before but all manner of wheel locks, steering wheel locks etc etc is nothing compared to just turning the front seats round. Most thieving scum aren’t the brightest and even if they attempted it, turning the drivers seat has a real knack that takes time especially when you’re not fully versed in the technique. I genuinely think it would put many thieves off getting involved in the first place. I’d like to watch the cctv if it has happened.
That's a damn good suggestion 'billyhedge'.

We have a new VW Cali 6.1 landing on our drive soon. We live in a decent area and our van will be behind electric gates on our drive which has CCTV. The big white box motorhome we just sold we protected with wheel clamps, steering lock, tracker etc. Somehow I do not feel that the VW is as vulnerable even though it’s going to be 73k’s worth. Are they targeted? Are they particularly vulnerable? Are the factory fitted locks, alarm etc. good enough? We have an expensive car and never have we even thought about extra protection measures. We would appreciate your views and experience on this. How many of you have a tracker fitted? Ta
Where do you live, southernAlbania?

Definitely going with a Ghost again, at least if the keys are nicked or lost it should be fine. Incidentally does the genuine key say VW on it?

At the bottom of my drive there is no room for a low loader, the way the neighbours park it would be fun to watch an attempt.

I put a Ghost on mine and got decent insurance - sleep very soundly.
Occasionally I put a brake lock on it if I have any worries but very rare.

What will be will be

I heard an interesting fact last week. If the vehicle has finance on it then is less likely to be stolen. Apparently professional thieves hpi cars before they steal then as it is easier to move on a car without finance. This would only protect you again a professional thief.