Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Cali T6 side window blinds

Michael Meade

Michael Meade

Balloo1
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Does anyone know whether these are easily replaced or fixed? My left side blind (above the kitchenette) seems to only properly work on the left side and the right side is loose with no tension in it when you pull it down or push it back up - as I recall when we got it first this wasn't the case with both sides equally tensioned.

Easily? No chance. It comes in one piece with the sliding frame. So a lot of trim would have to be taken out. In worst case even the whole kitchen unit :Nailbiting.
Maybe if you take out the upper B-pillar trim, then you can check out the sliding bits.
If you gently pull the door side towards the front and softly pushing outside, you can unclip the trim, then push everything towards the back as that part slides in towards the front. Does that make sense?
Just beware if you want to put everything back in place, you put the slider for the seatbelt correctly. Otherwise all will not fit back.

If it's still under warranty, take it back and let VW have a go? I have taken my trims off already a couple of times, and if done gently, there is no problem.

It's a long shot but the bar across the bottom of the blind (the used to pul it up & down) has a black bit on the end that connects it to a wire inside the vertical channel on the B pillar trim) if this comes off the blind won't work properly any more but is quite easy to put back on.
If this is the issue you will be able to see the black bit in the channel as it will remain fixed to the wire and just need to reconnect it to the end of the bar.

Thanks TripleBee and Louis II for your help. When storm Ciara has passed over I'll go out and take a look to see what I can make of these ideas. I'll let you know.

It's a long shot but the bar across the bottom of the blind (the used to pul it up & down) has a black bit on the end that connects it to a wire inside the vertical channel on the B pillar trim) if this comes off the blind won't work properly any more but is quite easy to put back on.
If this is the issue you will be able to see the black bit in the channel as it will remain fixed to the wire and just need to reconnect it to the end of the bar.
Thanks for this, managed to fix my blind which was mysteriously floppy after lending the Cali to my daughter!

Hi Louis II. Does the black bit slide onto the bar from the top, or onto the end? It seems reluctant either way.