Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Calidrawer alternative

Do you deliver to Germany :D

That looks really good.

Got to admit, they’re not the easiest thing to package and post. It’s not exactly small or lightweight.
The frame is light. But the slides themselves are quite heavy.
Must cost in the region of £75-£100 to post from Germany to UK

That looks absolutely first rate. :thumb
Would you mind providing a breakdown of parts used, suppliers, etc. when you are up to it ?

Sorry about all the pics, but I’m loving the floor that I’ve just installed.
Had some left over bathroom floor tiles down the shed. I think the colour scheme is gonna look sweet in my Indium Grey Cali... :)

Nice. Must be lightweight tiles to fit this behind the back wheels ;).

Ikea Skubb boxes fit a treat. That’s a place for all our clothes sorted and out the way.

Can’t wait to test this thing properly.
Next week in Switzerland :bananadance2

80ECF275-8788-467D-8788-6E79C34C762C.jpeg

4913D1B4-AF65-408B-A5EB-AAA8CA9035BE.jpeg

9D9D58AD-089D-4C3A-8DD2-5CCFAD80BB37.jpeg

Great work. Do you know what length of rails you ordered. I'm thinking of doing the same thing. (but... wow, the rails alone aren't cheap!)

Great work. Do you know what length of rails you ordered. I'm thinking of doing the same thing. (but... wow, the rails alone aren't cheap!)

I can't remember off-hand. I will try and find the invoice .
I have a feeling they were about 660.

Nice job and looks great, do you think it is possible to have this setup and have the parcel shelf on it's lowest setting??

I couldn't find any boxes to fit on the lowest setting.
Originally i was going to make some wooden ones to suit. But they would use up more of the space and really wanted a card/fabric box as our clothes will be stored in them.

I hadn't realised the bed and chair are actually now level in the highest setting.
We will unfold the comfort mattress in two which keeps it level and use a pillow under the feet. Im guessing it will be more comfortable as there will be more foam. I will take a picture tomorrow when I'm camped

I can't remember off-hand. I will try and find the invoice .
I have a feeling they were about 660.

Ah good. The 660 is a more reasonable price than the one I was looking at. I might put something together, but just use a large square of 18mm marine ply screwed on the rails, rather than building an additional frame. Any reason why that wouldn't work?

Won’t look as slick, but will probably work ;)
You would still need some Aluminium angle for the actual shelf.

Nice job, this is one I prepared earlier:)

I couldn't find any boxes to fit on the lowest setting.
Originally i was going to make some wooden ones to suit. But they would use up more of the space and really wanted a card/fabric box as our clothes will be stored in them.

I hadn't realised the bed and chair are actually now level in the highest setting.
We will unfold the comfort mattress in two which keeps it level and use a pillow under the feet. Im guessing it will be more comfortable as there will be more foam. I will take a picture tomorrow when I'm camped
Ah, ok. I have to have the shelf on the lowest setting as I don't have the VW comfort mattress.

Won’t look as slick, but will probably work ;)
You would still need some Aluminium angle for the actual shelf.
Haha. Right, that's a challenge! I'm going to make the whole thing in super-slick, finely crafted wood with regal routed edges and everything.

Come on then. What's the parts list and measurements. And is it just anchored to the floor using those 2 thumbscrews

Come on then. What's the parts list and measurements. And is it just anchored to the floor using those 2 thumbscrews
Especially interested in the load rating of the slides + those rivits / rivit nuts used to join the angle together at the corner.

Especially interested in the load rating of the slides + those rivits / rivit nuts used to join the angle together at the corner.
Don't dis dem rivets :stop

Much maligned, I thought it was a smart move to use them

Don't dis dem rivets :stop

Much maligned, I thought it was a smart move to use them
Badly worded reply on my part.
Am interested to know where they came from as I agree a good idea.
Curiosity about load rating of the slides also to help me know which ones to buy as there are lots on the gsf slides website.

Is that the Jungfrau campsite?

Well spotted Briwy.
I was here 6 years ago. Great to return. It’s one of my favourite valleys.

Back